Rep PR-4000 Power Rack
Manufacturer: Rep Fitness
Pros & Cons
11 Reasons To Buy
- The PR-4000 Power Rack from Rep Fitness is one of the best value, higher-end power racks that we’ve tested and reviewed.
- Rep Fitness essentially copied the Rogue Monster Lite Series, but are able to offer it at a lower price point due to it being imported.
- There are quite a few color options available for the rack including a clear grind powder coat that’s similar to Sorinex as well as Matte and Metallic Black, Red, Blue, and Silver (we’re partial to the Clear Grind.)
- All of the holes and logos are laser-cut instead of punched out like what is seen on cheaper racks.
- The uprights are numbered every 5 holes. We prefer numbering throughout, but this helps to save cost.
- Every rack comes with a stainless steel nameplate standard. It doesn’t look quite as good as an arch logo, but it’s much better than the vinyl stickers that plague the industry.
- There is Westside Hole Spacing through the bench press area. This means 2” on center hole spacing throughout, and 1” hole spacing through the bench area for dialing in your j-cups and spotter pins.
- The rack can be built out to include weight storage, pull-up bars (a straight bar comes standard,) safeties including pin-pipe, flip down, and strap safeties, and various j-cups.
- There are sandwich j-cups available for those that have expensive barbells and don’t want the knurling to get damaged.
- Rep makes a lat pulldown attachment that can be added to the back of the rack.
- Due to the uprights of the power rack being 3”x3” 11-guage steel, the PR-4000 can take many accessories from other companies like Rogue Fitness and Titan Fitness.
2 Reasons Not To Buy
- In our review, we’ve noticed that the accessories for the PR-4000 and PR-5000 Racks aren’t quite as good of quality as the competition. The uprights are pretty close, although they’re imported, but some of the welds and powdercoating on the accessories don’t exactly meet the same standard.
- There’s a belt squat, lever arms, and lat pulldown upright attachments in the works, but they’re not available for a bit.
Related In-Depth Product Reviews
Rep Fitness Releases the Rep PR-4000 to Compete with the Rogue Monster Lite Series
The PR-4000 is a heavy-duty, 1,000 lb rated commercial-grade power rack featuring 3x3” 11 gauge steel with 1” hole spacing through the bench zone and 5/8” pin holes. If you're looking for a "never need to upgrade" home gym power rack, or a centerpiece for your commercial facility weight room, this is it.
The PR-4000 re-defines customizability: You're no longer stuck with a pre-configured power rack and overpaying for options. Choose the components you want from our large selection of stock inventory, and have them delivered to your door in about a week or less! Multiple color, height, and depth options combine with an ever-expanding list of accessories and attachments to create the only power rack system you'll ever need.
Every rack comes with our top rear logo cross-member which serves as a convenient anchor point for future attachments you may want to add, and from there the rest of the rack is up to you.
Our new painting process specially prepares your rack with the most high-end surface prep and care possible, including sandblasting to ensure superior paint adhesion, and a baked on powder coating that will last for years.
47" outside-to-outside width allows plenty of room to rack the bar without plates hitting the sides of the uprights, which is a common problem on competitors' 3x3" racks.
This color is achieved by using a specially prepared steel combined with a metal grinder and a clear powder coat to give it a raw brushed steel look, while maintaining the rust-resistance of a powdercoat. In addition, the rack shows less wear over time due to the finish and clearcoat making it difficult to notice any imperfections.
Standard 3x3" uprights with 5/8" holes ensures compatibility with REP attachments as well as most others on the market. 1" hole spacing through bench zone, and 2" spacing everywhere else.
Front Foot extension for working outside the rack without bolting down. Allows you to add spotter arms off the front of the rack and have dedicated setups for benching and squatting without changing j-cup or safety height.
Uniquely shaped base stabilizer removes the need to bolt down a 48" depth rack, and also serves as an anchor point for the pulley system and low row foot plate.
- Upright Size
- Pull Up Bar
- Laser Cut Numbers
- Steel Gauge
- Westside Hole Spacing
- Hardware Size
- Made in USA