We review free products that we receive and participate in affiliate programs, where we may be compensated for items purchased through links from our site.
See our disclosures page for more information.
The Nike Metcons are some of the most popular CrossFit shoes available. With the release of the Nike Metcon 2’s, many are asking what the differences are. Here’s what we see.
Nike with the release of the Nike Metcon 2 has drawn in the functional fitness/CrossFit community even more.
The problem with Nike releasing the Nike Metcon 2 is…
What are the differences?
I’ll be honest, they look pretty similar.
BUT, it appears Nike has mainly taken the opinions of their athletes to improve the overall durability and feel of the Metcon 2 over the first iteration.
So, this is what Nike has changed on the Nike Metcon 2:
- Increased durability overall, especially in the toe and forefoot area.
- Increased heel padding.
- Heel-plate for reduced friction on stress points during Handstand Pushups (this actually does make a big difference.)
- Increased ventilation throughout, most notably on the arch area.
- Footbed no longer squeaks or moves around (very annoying on the 1’s.)
- Slightly widerin the forefoot.
- Heel slip eliminated (big problem with the 1’s)
These are the main differences from the Nike Metcon 1’s outside of the colorways and Nike ID.
Check out this Hydrow Rower review to see what I really think about this expensive cardio machine. Read more
Over the years, we've compiled some of the most helpful home gym ideas as well as tips and tricks for making your gym, whether in your garage, basement, or spare bedroom a productive and enjoyable place to workout. Here are over 100 ideas you can use for your home gym. If these don't make you want to build one, we have no idea what will. Read more
Check out this Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Elliptical review to find out why you should consider this cardio machine if you’re looking for a beginner friendly budget option. Read more