An American-made barbell”¨ custom designed by Rogue Athlete Matt Chan. As a former”¨ firefighter and four-time Top 10 finisher at the CrossFit Games, Matt is a man whose opinions tend to carry weight around here.”¨ That’s why we invited him to come to Columbus and help us”¨ create a custom barbell that would combine the qualities of a powerlifting bar, and Olympic weightlifting bar.
The Matt Chan Bar is manufactured from the same quality U.S.”¨ steel as our Ohio Bar, with both powerlifting and Olympic “¨lifting knurl marks. Matt added a passive center knurl to the bar. This knurling assists”¨ athletes who prefer a little extra “stick” when in “¨the front rack position or back squatting, but it won’t “¨shred the skin like more aggressive center knurls”¨ might.
Matt has also increased the distance between the outer”¨ knurling which allows for a wider”¨ stance on cleans and deadlifts without the knurling scraping the “¨shins.
- Machined and Assembled in Columbus, OH, USA
- Lifetime Guarantee Against Bending*
- Diameter: 28.5MM
- Dual Knurl Marks for O-Lifts and Power Lifts
- “Passive” Center Knurl
- Outer Knurling slightly more aggressive for easier hold during high rep barbell work
- Available in Murdered Out (Black Zinc with Black Zinc Sleeves)
Leave a Reply