Rogue Chan Bar
We test and review fitness products based on an independent, multi-point methodology. If you use our links to purchase something, we may earn a commission. Read our disclosures.
See our in-depth review of the Rogue Chan Bar below.
Pros & Cons
What we like about the product...
- The Chan Bar has a stainless steel shaft with a 200,000 PSI tensile strength that both looks great and resists corrosion extremely well.
- The black Cerakote color spray over the stainless steel gives the Chan Bar a very unique look, especially with the Samurai logo.
- For the quality of the product and because it is made by Rogue, the price is a great deal. You could easily spend more than double on other barbells that aren't any better than the Chan Bar.
- Dual knurl marks and a center knurl make it easy to find and keep your grip no matter what lift you are performing.
- It was co-developed with Crossfit Games Athlete Matt Chan and designed for Crossfit athletes. As
- The center knurl is pretty passive, while the outer knurl is more aggressive (even more aggressive than the Rogue Ohio and 2.0 Bars.)
- A Lifetime warranty with Rogue customer support and service on your side. There is also a lifetime guarantee against bending.
- It is manufactured in Columbus, OH rather than being farmed overseas.
- The outer knurling starts a bit wider out than a standard barbell which helps prevent scarring on the shins.
What needs improvement...
- If you're a powerlifter, purchase a bar with more aggressive knurl and less whip.
- The wider knurling is ideal for taller lifters and could give shorter people an issue.
Product Summary & Specs
An American-made barbell”¨ custom designed by Rogue Athlete Matt Chan. As a former”¨ firefighter and four-time Top 10 finisher at the CrossFit Games, Matt is a man whose opinions tend to carry weight around here.”¨ That’s why we invited him to come to Columbus and help us”¨ create a custom barbell that would combine the qualities of a powerlifting bar, and Olympic weightlifting bar.
The Matt Chan Bar is manufactured from the same quality U.S.”¨ steel as our Ohio Bar, with both powerlifting and Olympic “¨lifting knurl marks. Matt added a passive center knurl to the bar. This knurling assists”¨ athletes who prefer a little extra “stick” when in “¨the front rack position or back squatting, but it won’t “¨shred the skin like more aggressive center knurls”¨ might.
Matt has also increased the distance between the outer”¨ knurling which allows for a wider”¨ stance on cleans and deadlifts without the knurling scraping the “¨shins.
- Machined and Assembled in Columbus, OH, USA
- Lifetime Guarantee Against Bending*
- Diameter: 28.5MM
- Dual Knurl Marks for O-Lifts and Power Lifts
- “Passive” Center Knurl
- Outer Knurling slightly more aggressive for easier hold during high rep barbell work
- Available in Murdered Out (Black Zinc with Black Zinc Sleeves)
Weightlifting, Olympic Weightlifting, Powerlifting, Multipurpose
|Loadable Sleeve Length|
|Made In USA|