Rogue Calibrated KG Steel Plates
We test and review fitness products based on an independent, multi-point methodology. If you use our links to purchase something, we may earn a commission. Read our disclosures.
- Machine calibrated precision (+/- 0.35oz)
- Thin-cut design
- Color-coded weights
- Quality cast-iron
- Good value
Pros & Cons
What we like about the product...
- After using Rogues KG Calibrated Powerlifting Plates over the past year, we can confidently recommend them for their durability and accuracy.
- Price-wise, these are some of the best value calibrated plates on the market.
- Due to being IPF-approved, these plates are extremely accurate and if they're not as stated, Rogue will send you a replacement.
- The lips on the plates are large enough to make carrying and loading them easy.
- Due to how thin the plates are, you can fit more weight than you'll ever lift on the bar.
- They've been known to go on sale during Rogues Matte Black Friday Event.
- Available in Kilograms or Pounds.
- The lettering is raised and painted in a contrasting color to make identification easy.
What needs improvement...
- The paint on these plates is known to chip rather easily. Ours look much more used than they really have been. One reviewer wrote, "These weights are what you would expect for the price, except for the paint. The paint comes off very easy. They would be better if they used Cerakote like some of the Rogue bars."
- Due to how thin they are, they can be difficult to lift off the ground if laying flat.
Product Summary & Specs
The Rogue Calibrated KG Steel Plates are machine-calibrated for minimal weight discrepancy. They are accurate within 0.35 ounces (10 grams) of the stated weight. Each disc is made from quality cast-iron with a slim design to allow maximum loading capacity. They are color-coded with white lettering for easy weight identification.
Calibration plugs are included on the back of each plate for further precision. The center hole is 1.9 inches in diameter for a snug fit on the barbell, however this may not work for inexpensive barbells that don’t meet IPF standard. The Rogue Calibrated KG Steel Plates can be ordered in pairs or as a full set.
- Steel Powerlifting KG Discs
- Machine calibrated +/- 10 grams (0.35 oz.)
- More precision with calibration plugs on back of plates
- Snug fit with 1.9 in. collar opening
- 700+KG load capacity
- Thin design
- IPF Approved
.25-kg-pair, .5-kg-pair, 1.25-kg-pair, 2.5-kg-pair, 5-kg-pair, 10-kg-pair, 15-kg-pair, 20-kg-pair, 25-kg-pair, 50-kg-pair
|Made In USA|
+/- 10 grams
|10KG Plate Diameter|
|15KG Plate Diameter|
|20KG Plate Diameter|
|25KG Plate Diamter|
|50KG Plate Diameter|
Coop is the creator of Garage Gym Reviews. He's produced more content on home gyms and training equipment than likely anyone else in the world and is recognized as the foremost expert in the space. When not writing about barbells, squat racks, and other pieces of equipment, he can be found eating tacos and reading biographies on dead people. Coop has been featured in prestigious publications such as The Art of Manliness, Starting Strength, Men's Health, Business Insider and many others.