Rogue 6-Shooter Olympic Grip Plates
We review free products that we receive and participate in affiliate programs, where we may be compensated for items purchased through links from our site. See our disclosures page for more information.
See our in-depth video review of Rogue 6-Shooter Olympic Grip Plates.
Pros & Cons
What we like about the product...
- The Rogue 6-Shooter Olympic Grip Plates are the best value iron plates Rogue Fitness currently makes.
- These feature an aesthetic design (to most) that harkens back to the the Ivanko Revolvers, but with six holes, instead of seven.
- The holes, although allow for a unique look, also allow the plates to be handled easier.
- The 6-Shooters are highly accurate for a cast iron plate at a guaranteed weight of +/-
- 1% of the stated weight.
- Despite having a more unique design, these plates are actually cheaper than the Rogue Machined Olympic Plates.
- Utilizing a gray hammertone paint will allow the plates to look good for decades despite getting chipped.
What needs improvement...
- Only available in LB, not KG as of this writing.
- One reviewer noted that their only negative was that the coating on the inside of the holes on the plates rub off on the ribbing of the barbell.
Product Summary & Specs
Our Rogue 6-Shooter Grip Plates feature a unique gray hammertone finish, black text, and six symmetrical grip holes spaced out around the circumference of each 25LB, 35LB, and 45LB plate (a Urethane Coated 6-Shooter is also available). The holes are precision-cut and in close proximity to the raised lip at the edge of each plate, offering athletes a comfortable grip and an easier way to lift, carry, or load a plate from any angle.
Each 6-Shooter Olympic Grip Plate includes LB markings, exclusive Rogue branding, and a 2” diameter collar opening for compatibility on any standard Oly barbell. The smaller 6-Shooter change plates (2.5LB, 5LB, and 10LB) include a center hole only, without the additional six-hole pattern.
6-Shooters are built for everyday, high-traffic use. Please note, however, that these are cast-iron, NOT bumper plates, and should not be dropped on the floor like a bumper.
- Olympic Cast Iron Grip Plates
- Gray Hammertone Finish + Black Lettering
- Six grip holes for easier carrying, loading from any angle (only on 25LB, 35LB and 45LB plates)
- 50.6MM collar opening
- LB markings and Rogue branding
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 1% (25-45LB plates), +/- 3% (2.5-10LB plates)
- 5-Year Commercial Warranty against breakage (void if there is evidence of abuse or excessive dropping)
- 45LB: 448MM
- 35LB: 376MM
- 25LB: 308MM
- 10LB: 228MM
- 5LB: 195MM
- 2.5LB: 162MM
|Made In USA||
2.5-lb-pair, 5-lb-pair, 10-lb-pair, 25-lb-pair, 35-lb-pair, 45-lb-pair
|10LB Plate Diameter||
|25LB Plate Diameter||
|35LB Plate Diameter||
|45LB Plate Diameter||
Coop is the creator of Garage Gym Reviews. He's produced more content on home gyms and training equipment than likely anyone else in the world and is recognized as the foremost expert in the space. When not writing about barbells, squat racks, and other pieces of equipment, he can be found eating tacos and reading biographies on dead people. Coop has been featured in prestigious publications such as The Art of Manliness, Starting Strength, Men's Health, Business Insider and many others.
FringeSport Standard Metal Plates$18.00 – $145.00View Product
CAP Barbell Black Olympic Rubber Grip Plate$9.15 – $60.53View Product
Vulcan Rubber Coated Olympic Weight Plates$29.99 – $181.99View Product
CAP Barbell Olympic 2-Inch Weight Plate$2.99 – $115.30View Product