REP Fitness Adjustable and Flat Bench Review Author: Anthony O'Reilly CPT, CNC
The Rep Fitness Adjustable Bench is one of the best value benches currently available. The Rep Fitness Flat Bench is also a great option at a great price for those looking for a capable bench with a large weight capacity. Read the full review.
Pros & Cons
What we like ...
- The AB-3000 Adjustable Bench V3 by Rep Fitness is a 1,000 pound rated, adjustable bench, that includes a decline option for less than $300. To find an adjustable bench with a decline option at this price is a difficult task.
- When flat, the top of the pad is 17.5" high which is in line with the IPF powerlifting standard.
- While the bench is relatively heavy at 85 pounds, the handle and wheels make it easy to move when needed.
- 7 back pad adjustments from 85 degrees to -20 degrees and 3 seat pad adjustments.
- The pad is an excellent size at 2.5" thick and almost a foot wide. It provides comfort for even the biggest lifters along with the versatility to accommodate any size person.
- A solid steel frame with variable thickness.
- Great customer reviews. One reviewer states, "Probably the best adjustable bench for the price. It's durable and easily movable." This review is indicative of the mostly 5-star reviews this bench receives.
- You can achieve every bench angle that you need with just one machine.
- A 10-year frame warranty.
- Easy, 15-minute assembly.
What needs improvement ...
- Only 1 decline position at -20 degrees, and some lifters would prefer the option to go down further than that.
- While the frame warranty is good, the cushion and pad warranty is almost nonexistent.
- It is not an American made product, which matters to some.
The REP AB-3000 FID Adjustable Bench is a great addition to a home gym for its versatility. FID stands for flat, incline, and decline. This bench allows you to hit multiple muscle groups in one compact design. It offers a thick, firm, 2.5-inch pad finished with textured vinyl for added comfort.
The REP AB-3000 FID features a seat with a ladder and pin design. It has five adjustable positions, and, unlike other seats, this offers a wide, non-tapered base for more comfort and stability.
The back of the bench features seven position options ranging from a negative 20-degree decline to an 85-degree incline. The ladder design on the bench is made with bare steel for durability and helps prevent paint chipping.
This bench has a minimal gap at 1.75 inches between the seat and back which is beneficial when using it for flat benching. It has a 1000-pound weight limit for maximum weight tolerance. It is also a 15-minute easy assembly with video instructions.
|Made In USA
|Adjustable Back Positions
|Adjustable Seat Positions
|Other Product Specs
Handle & Wheels for Transportation
30 days on pads, 10 years on frame
The combination of price, quality, and versatility make the Rep AB-3000 FID Bench one of the best value buys for an adjustable bench. The ability to do decline movements also lifts the value of this bench and makes it very difficult to find something of this quality at this price. Although it is manufactured overseas, you still get a good frame warranty, especially for the starting price. The bench is also very comfortable and is a great addition to your garage or home gym. If you are looking for an adjustable bench at a great price, you don't really have to look any further.