REP AB-3000 FID Adjustable Bench
We test and review fitness products based on an independent, multi-point methodology. If you use our links to purchase something, we may earn a commission. Read our disclosures.
- Flat, incline, and decline capabilities
- Portable with wheels and handle
- Maximum versatility
- Wide seat
- 1000 lbs limit
See our in-depth video review of Rep AB-3000 FID Adjustable Bench.
Pros & Cons
What we like about the product...
- The AB-3000 Adjustable Bench V3 by Rep Fitness is a 1,000 pound rated, adjustable bench, that includes a decline option for less than $300. To find an adjustable bench with a decline option at this price is a difficult task.
- When flat, the top of the pad is 17.5" high which is in line with the IPF powerlifting standard.
- While the bench is relatively heavy at 85 pounds, the handle and wheels make it easy to move when needed.
- 7 back pad adjustments from 85 degrees to -20 degrees and 3 seat pad adjustments.
- The pad is an excellent size at 2.5" thick and almost a foot wide. It provides comfort for even the biggest lifters along with the versatility to accommodate any size person.
- A solid steel frame with variable thickness.
- Great customer reviews. One reviewer states, "Probably the best adjustable bench for the price. It's durable and easily movable." This review is indicative of the mostly 5-star reviews this bench receives.
- You can achieve every bench angle that you need with just one machine.
- A 10-year frame warranty.
- Easy, 15-minute assembly.
What needs improvement...
- Only 1 decline position at -20 degrees, and some lifters would prefer the option to go down further than that.
- While the frame warranty is good, the cushion and pad warranty is almost nonexistent.
- It is not an American made product, which matters to some.
Product Summary & Specs
The REP AB-3000 FID Adjustable Bench is a great addition to a home gym for its versatility. FID stands for flat, incline, and decline. This bench allows you to hit multiple muscle groups in one compact design. It offers a thick, firm, 2.5-inch pad finished with textured vinyl for added comfort.
The REP AB-3000 FID features a seat with a ladder and pin design. It has five adjustable positions, and, unlike other seats, this offers a wide, non-tapered base for more comfort and stability.
The back of the bench features seven position options ranging from a negative 20-degree decline to an 85-degree incline. The ladder design on the bench is made with bare steel for durability and helps prevent paint chipping.
This bench has a minimal gap at 1.75 inches between the seat and back which is beneficial when using it for flat benching. It has a 1000-pound weight limit for maximum weight tolerance. It is also a 15-minute easy assembly with video instructions.
|Made In USA|
|Adjustable Back Positions|
|Adjustable Seat Positions|
|Other Product Specs|
Handle & Wheels for Transportation
30 days on pads, 10 years on frame