We test and review fitness products based on an independent, multi-point methodology. If you use our links to purchase something, we may earn a commission. Read our disclosures.
- Certified personal trainer (CPT) course
- NCCA-accredited certification
- Hands-on and self-study modules
- Final exam online or at testing center
NCSF Certification Review (2024): A CPT Explores This Personal Training CertAuthor: Lauren Strong, CPT
Pros & Cons
What we like ...
- Qualifies CPTs to work 1:1 or small groups
- Accredited by National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA)
- Complete exam prep and materials
- Payment plans available
What needs improvement ...
- 2-year recertification cycle
- Course does not require CPR/AED
Certified personal trainer (CPT)
|Course materials included
digital textbook, instructional videos, lesson notes, quizzes, instructor support
Online or exam center
|Payment plan available
GGR Community Reviews
The Certified Personal Trainer certification through the National Council on Strength and Fitness is a NCCA-accredited program recognized by many top health clubs like 24 Fitness, OrangeTheory Fitness, Planet Fitness, and Gold’s Gym. This course will qualify you to work with clients one-on-one and in small groups. The exam covers general exercise science, program design, nutrition, training instruction, and special populations to name a few.