CrossFit Level 1 Certification
We test and review fitness products based on an independent, multi-point methodology. If you use our links to purchase something, we may earn a commission. Read our disclosures.
CrossFit Certification Review (2024): A CF-L1 Explains the Course In FullAuthor: Amanda Capritto, CPT, CNC, CES, CF-L1
Pros & Cons
What we like ...
- Qualifies you to coach at a CrossFit Gym
- Allows you to open your own CrossFit gym
- Good teachings of CrossFit methodology
- Practical movement sessions
- Mix of lectures and hands-on learning
- Exam is only 50 questions
What needs improvement ...
- Only 2 days of education
- No physiology or anatomy teachings
- Expensive for 2 days of learning
- Not NCCA-accredited
GGR Community Reviews
The CrossFit Level 1 (CF-L1) course is a requirement to be eligible to coach at a CrossFit-affiliated gym or open your own affiliate. It consists of two days of education focused on the CrossFit fitness methodology and principles, and includes a mixture of lectures and hands-on learning.