Kabuki Strength New Generation Power Bar
Manufacturer: Kabuki Strength
Pros & Cons
11 Reasons To Buy
- The New Gen Power Bar from Kabuki Strength and Chris Duffin is the strongest barbell currently on the market.
- Tensile Strength of at least 250K PSI and a Rockwell Hardness of 51 RC, the knurling on this bar will likely never wear down.
- Utilizing a volcano style knurl that is finer than other power bars creates a knurl that has more points per square inch which increases the surface area for friction to be created. AKA, it sticks extremely well but doesn’t rip the skin.
- The center knurl on the bar has two knurl marks to allow for alignment when setting up under the bar.
- Made in the USA of US-sourced steel in Portland, Oregon.
- 5 Year Warranty against any manufacturing defect.
- Available in Zinc, Black Oxide, and Nickel finishes (we prefer the Nickel finish if you have the money to spend.)
- Built to IPF specs.
- 20KG and 29MM allow the bar to follow the industry standard.
- Due to the 29MM shaft and extremely high tensile strength, this bar is extremely stiff during squats.
- Utilizes a bronze bushing rotation system that will last for as long as you own the bar.
1 Reasons Not To Buy
- As with most Kabuki products, the New Gen Power Bar is expensive. However, it’s also quite likely the best.
Related In-Depth Product Reviews
Kabuki Strength New Generation Power Bar Review (Plus 2-Year Update)
April 7, 2020
Nickel Blemish review
I purchased mine as a blemished second. The quality is still superb. The defect was apparent: the dual center knurl markings were not uniform in size. I'm not educated to speak about the production process to know when the finish is applied, but what I can say is that my nickel finish not nearly as brilliant as my nickel shoulderrok. My guess is this bar sat around for a while, or did not get the same finish treatment as an up to spec bar. That all being said, without exception, this is my favorite bar I've ever used. Over ivankos and eleikos I've used.
This bar is our IPF spec, multi purpose, power bar. It I a 29mm bar, with aggressive but not overly sharp knurl, and standard powerlifting markings.
What is it about our new generation bars that sets them apart? With a tensile strength of over 250k PSI and a rockwell hardness of 51 RC, this bar is harder than any other currently bar on market. What this means in practical terms is that the knurl won’t wear down over the years, leaving you with a bar that is performing sub par compared to when it was new. Even where the bar contacts the rack it will maintain that fine, tacky, aggressive knurl just like the day it was unboxed.
The knurl itself is the other piece of engineering that went into this bar this bar that we are proud of. We wanted to create something that grabbed well but wasn’t so unnecessarily sharp that it cut your hands rather than grabbing. The knurl of our bar is finer than most barbells you will find, giving the knurl more points per square inch and creating more surface area to create friction against.
Lastly, another small feature to differentiate our bar is the center marks in the knurl. We wanted to leave the power bar with a continuous center knurl so as to not lose any of the grip effects for squatting, but still have marking to indicate the bars center for alignment purposes.
We fully stand behind our product and believe in it wholeheartedly, which is why each bar comes with a 5 year warranty against any type of manufacturing defect. What this means is if your bar begins to wear prematurely, we will repair or replace it free of charge. While our bar does have a higher tensile strength – what this doesn’t mean is that we will warranty against customer induced damage such as dropping the bar into metal safety pins. Depending on many variables such as the height and weight used this is just simply too much force into one area of the bar to not cause permanent deformation.
- Bar Type
- Bar Use
- Bar Weight
- 20 KG
- Center Knurl
- Knurl Marks
- Shaft Coating
- Bar Length
- Loadable Sleeve Length
- Sleeve Coating
- Tensile Strength
- 250,000 PSI
- Made in USA