Rogue 32MM Squat Bar
We review free products that we receive and participate in affiliate programs, where we may be compensated for items purchased through links from our site. See our disclosures page for more information.
The 32MM Squat Bar is another Rogue-exclusive, Ohio-built power bar, featuring a deep, coarse knurl pattern for optimal “stick” and an oversized stainless steel shaft for reduced whip/flex on heavy loads. We sent the prototype through the gauntlet of abuse (aka product testing) at Westside Barbell, and only after they gave it their approval did we move forward into mass production.Manufacturer: Rogue FitnessCategory: Squat Bars
See our in-depth video review of Rogue 32MM Squat Bar.
Pros & Cons
What we like about the product...
- The Rogue Squat Bar is Rogue's thickest and stiffest barbell created to date and is designed for one thing, heavy squats. So heavy, they brought in Ray Williams to test the bar and sent a prototype to Westside Barbell to abuse.
- The shaft on the bar is 32MM. In comparison to traditional power bars like the Rogue Ohio Power Bar at 29MM, 32MM feels much better and bigger on the back.
- Due to the combination of a thick, 32MM shaft along with a 200K PSI Tensile Strength Steel, the Rogue Squat Bar is extremely stiff.
- The shaft on this bar is made of stainless steel, our favorite steel/coating for a barbell which should prevent corrosion for years to come.
- The knurling on the bar is an extremely aggressive knurl that uses a similar volcano type knurl as the Rogue OPB. In fact, it looks similar if not the exact same knurl.
- The knurling runs the entire length of the bar with Powerlifting knurl marks and a center knurl mark for alignment.
- The sleeves on the bar utilize bronze bushings and are chrome-plated. We'd prefer stainless sleeves, but understand the cost considerations.
- Made in the USA.
- Full, lifetime warranty.
- The 25KG bar has a longer shaft with 56" spaced between the sleeves and 16.975" loadable sleeve length allowing any amount of weight to be applied with calibrated power plates.
- At $445, although pricey, it is the best value, high-end squat bar currently on the market.
What needs improvement...
- This is an extremely specialized bar. For most people, it's completely overkill on both price and features.
- Rogues end caps scratch way too easily for the cost, this bar included.
Product Summary & Specs
The 32MM Squat Bar is another Rogue-exclusive, Ohio-built power bar, featuring a deep, coarse knurl pattern for optimal “stick” and an oversized stainless steel shaft for reduced whip/flex on heavy loads. We sent the prototype through the gauntlet of abuse (aka product testing) at Westside Barbell, and only after they gave it their approval did we move forward into mass production.
At a length of 94.49”, the Squat Bar is considerably longer than a standard Oly bar (our Ohio Bar is 86.75”), with 56” between the sleeves and a loadable sleeve length of 16.795” (vs. 16.4” on the Ohio Bar). The 32mm diameter stainless steel shaft has a tensile strength of 200,000 PSI, and the knurling runs across its entire length, with clearcut powerlifting marks and a center mark included. The aggressive knurl pattern ensures a firm grip without being sharp or abrasive.
A squat-optimized bushing bar needs stability, rigidity, and plenty of weight capacity. So we built the Rogue Squat Bar with a 32mm dia. stainless steel shaft, delivering a tensile strength of 200,000 PSI. This design limits the whip / flex on heavy loads. The 25KG Squat Bar also has a longer shaft and sleeves than standard multi-purpose Olympic bars, as the chrome sleeves are spaced 56” apart and offer 16.975” of loadable length. All Rogue Squat Bars are machined and assembled with pride in Columbus, OH, USA.
Through years of experience working directly with top competitive powerlifters from around the world, Rogue has developed and refined a knurl pattern (machined on quality Haas machines) that is deep and coarse enough for a reliable grip or “stick” without being sharp or abrasive. This knurl pattern stretches along the full length of the Squat Bar’s shaft, and includes powerlifting marks and a center knurl mark.
|Loadable Sleeve Length||
|Made In USA||