Pros & Cons
What we like ...
- Great option for powerlifters, home garage gyms, or competitive lifters
- 100% cast iron for durability and strength
- Efficient overall design helping you to get the most from each weight
- Smooth handles for an easy grip and secure hold
What needs improvement ...
- A little bit on the pricier side
- Collars needed to secure them on the bar
High-quality materials, a unique slim design, and accuracy within 1% either way are a few stand-out features of these plates. Not only is this product the thinnest and one of the most accurate cast iron plates out there, but Weight It Out also works to support important causes, such as donating part of the proceeds of their pink plates to raise money for breast cancer awareness.
The design details in these plates go beyond just the slim look. The handles are smooth, making it easier to do plate burpees or other free-weighted movements, and they are even large enough to slip a chain through if you want to do weighted dips or pull-ups. The cast iron is durable and ready to be put to work.
45 lbs each (sold in pairs)
1% each way
450 mm or 17.72”
100% American-made cast iron
With a much slimmer profile than typical plates, this cast-iron set can make even the smallest home gyms more efficient. A few customers said they even had a unique sound to them that they grew to appreciate with each lift. You will want to use a tight-fitting collar as they are more prone to sliding off of the bar than a larger plate. This is an all-around great, American-made product.
Leave a Reply