TYR RNR-1 Running Shoes
We test and review fitness products based on an independent, multi-point methodology. If you use our links to purchase something, we may earn a commission. Read our disclosures.
- Second running shoe from brand TYR
- Thick, responsive midsole made of Surge NRG+ Foam
- Midsole supported with Pebax elastomers
- Knit mesh upper
- Reinforced toe box
- Gusseted tongue and molded sockliner
- 6 colorway options
- Great size range: M 4.5 / W 6 to M 14 / W 15.5
TYR RNR-1 Review (2024): Running Shoes from the New CrossFit Kid on the BlockAuthor: Amanda Capritto, CPT, CNC, CES, CF-L1
Pros & Cons
What we like ...
- Cushy, responsive midsole
- Ample room in midfoot and toe box
- Contoured insole
- Durable reinforced toe box
- Inclusive size range
- Grippy tread on outsole
What needs improvement ...
- Feels a bit heavy for a running shoe
- Not great for speed work
- Not as breathable as many other running shoes
|Heel to Toe Drop
9.2 oz per shoe (size M 9)
M 4.5 / W 6 to M 14 / W 15.5
Techknit 3D knit construction
Surge NRG+ Foam enhanced with Pebax®
Molded sockliner and gusseted tongue
Carbon rubber tread
GGR Community Reviews
The TYR RNR-1 Runners have a lot of promise for a running shoe. While they are slightly heavier than some other options, they've proven to be very durable in our testing, and we love the ultra-responsive midsole thanks to TYR's Surge NRG+ Foam and Pebax support. The outsole has also proven grippy in slick conditions, and there's plenty of wiggle room in the midfoot and forefoot for wider feet.