Titan Yukon Bar
We review free products that we receive and participate in affiliate programs, where we may be compensated for items purchased through links from our site. See our disclosures page for more information.
Don’t settle for unnecessary strain and discomfort, pick up the Yukon Bar from Titan Fitness and give yourself a better workout! Lose your worrisome back and shoulder pain with the brilliantly curved barbell design. The Yukon bar is longer than our other curved barbell, the Bison Bar, at 96” instead of 87” – and a loadable sleeve length of 17 1/2” for each side.Manufacturer: Titan FitnessCategory: Buffalo Bars
See our in-depth video review of Titan Yukon Bar.
Pros & Cons
What we like about the product...
- The Titan Yukon Bar is an upgraded version of their previous buffalo bar known as the Bison Bar which we highly suggest you avoid. However, the Yukon Bar is a great alternative.
- Featuring a full bar length of 96" and a sleeve length of 17.5", you can load as much weight on the bar as you will ever want to lift.
- The shaft diameter is 32" which feels great on the back during squats and provides quite a bit of stiffness.
- The sleeves rotate along self-oiling bronze bushings which isn't often seen at this price point for specialty bars.
- Weighs in at 50 LB, so not far off from a traditional barbell.
- The shaft is coated in black oxide which will be great for preventing oxidation.
- Has a suggested weight capacity of 2,000 LB which essentially means you can use as much weight as you'd like.
- Has a 6" curvature which is more aggressive than the Kabuki Duffalo Bar. For some this will be desired, for others it will be a negative.
- Has a center knurl, although it is a bit passive.
- As with most Titan products, the price is extremely low compared to the competition.
What needs improvement...
- Due to the aggressive curvature of the bar shaft, loading plates without the bar flipping out of the rack can actually be a challenge. Twice while loading plates, the bar nearly flipped out of the rack crashing into the other equipment we have around the rack. This may be due, in part, to the sandwich j-cups we use, but it is something to be aware of.
- The bend near the sleeves is pretty aggressive. I don't foresee this bar snapping, however, it if did, this is where it would happen.
Product Summary & Specs
Don’t settle for unnecessary strain and discomfort, pick up the Yukon Bar from Titan Fitness and give yourself a better workout! Lose your worrisome back and shoulder pain with the brilliantly curved barbell design. The Yukon bar is longer than our other curved barbell, the Bison Bar, at 96” instead of 87” – and a loadable sleeve length of 17 1/2” for each side. Our older Bison Bar maxes out at 500 LB, but the Yukon Bar comes in at a whopping 2,000 LB capacity. Other functional design changes were made, for example, the Yukon Bar will now remain upright when it’s racked.
Our Yukon Bar will rest comfortably on your shoulders for squatting, with a 6” curvature that feels more natural than an ordinary barbell. The black oxide coating ensures that your barbell’s stunning finish is resistant to rust and corrosion. Knurling on the handle stretches across five different sections of the bar; including knurling directly at the center. Between the loadable Olympic sleeves, this bar measures 58 1/8” in handle to handle length. The barbell grip measures at 32 mm, or 1.26” in diameter.
LOSE UNNECESSARY PAIN: Using the black oxide-coated Yukon Bar means adding six inches of barbell curvature to help keep your body in pristine form, and put an end to back and shoulder pain from squatting.
OUR BEST CURVED BARBELL: The Yukon Bar is longer than our Bison Bar (96” instead of 87”), comes with more loadable sleeve length (17 1/2” instead of 16”) and a higher weight capacity (2,000 LB versus 500 LB).
BLACK OXIDE COATING: Your barbell will last longer, look great, and exceed expectations with the black oxide coating process – guaranteeing a resistance to rust and corrosion.
TOUGH STEEL CONSTRUCTION: Never fear your barbell suffering under too much intensity. Bring your toughest workout to the Yukon Bar – the durable steel construction will make it through.
DIMENSIONS: Between sleeves, this barbell measures at 58 1/8”, and the grip size is 32 mm (or 1.26”) in diameter. The Yukon Bar is designed with a 6” curvature.
– Overall length: 96”
– Length handle to handle: 58 1/8”
– Loadable Sleeve Length: 17 1/2”
– Grip Diameter: 32 mm / 1.26”
– Barbell Curvature: 6”
– Coating: Black Oxide
– Weight Capacity: 2,000 LB
– Weight: 50 LB
|Made In USA||