Pros & Cons
What we like ...
- The pull down hooks for flasks are genius
- Very comfortable
- Great for training and for race day
- Secure-zip phone pocket
- Compatible with hydration bladders
- Emergency whistle included
What needs improvement ...
- Water bottle compartments are small
- Some athletes reported chaffing around the collar bone
- No a lot of support for the weight of the bottles/fuel/phone
The athlete-tested Flight Race Day Vest 8 from The North Face has 360-degree reflectivity, plenty of storage with easy access, a simple leash system for quick and easy hydration, and is constructed of breathable, cooling fabric. This vest is perfect whether your race is in the single or triple digits.
Compatible with most water bladders, the Flight Race Day Vest 8 can hold up to a liter of water plus more in the included soft flasks in the front pockets.
Most customers loved this North Face vest, although some longtime wearers complain that previous models of the Flight Race Day Vest are superior. Some customers complain of the vest flopping around while running, while others say it fits great and doesn’t bounce at all.
2 500mL soft flasks + water bladder compatibility
|Total Pack Volume|
The North Face Flight Race Day Vest 8 is a great choice for training and race day. It has a large back pocket that can be used for storage, the mesh is extremely breathable, and the fit is so comfortable, you might forget you are wearing it.