Rogue Echo Bar 2.0
We review free products that we receive and participate in affiliate programs, where we may be compensated for items purchased through links from our site. See our disclosures page for more information.
Pros & Cons
What we like about the product...
- Features everything that the more expensive Rogue 2.0 Bar has (which is our pick for the Best Olympic Bar for most people) but with only a 1-year warranty.
- 190K PSI Tensile Strength steel shaft that is strong enough for anything you could throw at it.
- The Echo Bar lacks a center knurl which is great for those that plan to use it for Olympic Weightlifting or CrossFit.
- The diameter of the shaft is 28.5MM which is a great size for a general training bar.
- Has an F-8R Rating that is the highest a bar can have. This is due to Rogue's Work Hardening which means the bar should last an extremely long time without bending.
- Designed and built in the USA of US-sourced steel.
- Features a standard knurl that can be found on Rogues other bars like the Ohio Bar and Rogue Bar 2.0.
- One of Rogue's least-expensive barbells which makes it a great budget or beginner bar.
- Utilizes a bright zinc coating on the shaft and sleeve that should hold up well to normal use. Will also hold up well in a garage gym with changing humidity and temperature levels.
- Uses bronze bushings that are self-oiling and the same as what's found in Rogue's flagship, the Rogue Ohio Bar.
What needs improvement...
- The biggest reason to not buy the Rogue Echo Bar 2.0 is because it lacks a lifetime warranty. The warranty is 1-year, which is why the bar is a bit cheaper than the Rogue 2.0 Bar that is pretty much the same.
- The knurling is a bit passive for people who plan to use the bar primarily for powerlifting type movements.
- The bar lacks a center knurl that depending on the application can be a good or bad thing.
- The Echo Bar 2.0 features single IWF standard knurl marks versus dual knurl marks that are found on other similar general training bars.
Product Summary & Specs
Machined and assembled at our Columbus manufacturing facility, the newly redesigned Rogue Echo Bar 2.0 is an economically priced 28.5MM bushing bar equipped with many of the same features as our flagship Rogue Ohio Bar.
Starting with a 190,000 PSI tensile strength steel shaft and bright zinc finish, the Echo Bar also now includes an upgraded snap ring sleeve construction and exclusive Echo branded endcaps. There are single IWF standard Olympic knurl marks (no center knurl or powerlifting marks) and 16.40″ of loadable sleeve length.
All orders of the Echo Bar also come with a 1-year warranty.*
The Echo Bar–just like our flagship 28.5MM Ohio Bar–is constructed from 190,000 PSI tensile strength steel, with quality bronze bushings that act as bearing surfaces between the bar sleeve and shaft. A bright zinc finish across the entirety of the bar finishes the look.
Brand new for Version 2.0 of the Echo Bar is a fully upgraded snap-ring construction, battle-tested to maintain optimal stability throughout any type of high-intensity Olympic movement. This, again, is the exact same construction used in the Rogue Ohio Bar. We have also included new Echo exclusive endcaps for this re-design, a feature not found with the original model.
The Echo Bar includes single, IWF standard Olympic knurl marks (there are no powerlifting marks and no center knurl) in an consistent, non-abrasive pattern. Every bar shaft is machined in Columbus, Ohio, and treated with artistic precision.
Despite its friendly price tag, the Echo Bar is up to the demands of high-performance, competitive Oly lifting. The 20KG bar will produce a consistent spin and “whip” during any traditional Olympic movement, and the durability of its construction is backed by a one-year warranty.*
Weightlifting, Olympic Weightlifting, Multipurpose
|Loadable Sleeve Length||
|Made In USA||