Pros & Cons
What we like ...
- The Rogue Curl Bar is one of the best curl bars on the market behind possibly the Eleiko Curl Bar. However, you pay for this level of quality.
- 28.5MM Diameter Shaft makes the bar familiar for those that use Olympic Barbells.
- The knurling pattern is the exact same as what is used on the Rogue Ohio Bar which is a medium-fine knurl that grips, but won't rip your callouses.
- The sleeves on the Rogue EZ Curl Bar rotate using self-oiling bronze bushings. This is a bit excessive for a curl bar, but they're nice to have to prevent too much torque on the wrists.
- The shaft of the bar is coated in an e-coat which is used in many car applications. The sleeves have a bright zinc coating that prevents rust well.
- The length isn't long enough to fit in a rack, but Rogue now has this same bar in a rackable version.
- EZ Curl Bars feel great on the wrist and the bends of this curl bar are well thought out to not be as extreme as some that are on the market.
- Made in the USA.
- 5-Year Warranty.
What needs improvement ...
- The Rogue Curl Bar is expensive for a curl bar. This is definitely an item that is low on the priority list for most home gym owners, but if you like the finer things in life, you'll appreciate the attention to detail.
Rogue’s first-ever Curl Bar is fully machined and assembled in the USA and adapts many of the same properties from our flagship Rogue Ohio Bar–including bronze bushings, a snap ring design, and our trademark Ohio knurl pattern. Many athletes can benefit from this type of specialty camber bar, as the bends in the shaft help limit stress on the wrists and reduce common injury risks. Lifters can also employ a narrow grip with the Rogue Curl Bar for performing tricep extensions and close grip curls.
The first run of the Curl Bar includes a unique E-coat finish with bright zinc sleeves. The 1.96″ diameter sleeves are compatible with most standard Olympic plates, but the 31.50″ space between the sleeves means that this bar is NOT designed to be rackable.
- Made in Columbus, OH, USA
- Shaft: 28.5MM diameter
- Sleeves: 1.96″ diameter, Bright Zinc finish, 10.50″ loadable length
- Distance between sleeves: 31.50″ (Bar is NOT Rackable)
- Exclusive Rogue Ohio Knurl Pattern
- Cambered for reducing stress on wrists during curls
- Black E-Coat finish
- Bronze Bushings
- Snap Ring Design
- Weight: 30LB
|Made In USA|
|Loadable Sleeve Length|
The Rogue Curl Bar is an excellent EZ curl bar, albeit at a premium price for such a bar. In our experience and review with the bar, we appreciate the depth of the knurling, the bronze bushings, and the overall quality of the bar. We wouldn't recommend it for most home gym owners as there are many cheaper options on Amazon, but if you curl often or just like nice things, you'll appreciate the level of quality on the Rogue Curl Bar.