Rogue AB-3 Adjustable Bench
We test and review fitness products based on an independent, multi-point methodology. If you use our links to purchase something, we may earn a commission. Read our disclosures.
The Rogue AB-3 Adjustable Bench introduces a new decline setting to go along with the 50 seat and back-rest position combinations from the popular AB-2. Ideally suited for dynamic training or for gyms serving multiple athletes, this compact, 11-gauge steel weight bench offers a rare combination of sturdiness and maneuverability, with boundless customization options.Manufacturer: Rogue FitnessCategory: Adjustable Benches
See our in-depth video review of Rogue AB-3 Adjustable Bench.
Pros & Cons
What we like about the product...
- The Rogue AB-3 Adjustable Bench is the premiere bench Rogue sells that is well-loved by practically all who can afford it.
- Weighing in at 117 LB, the AB-3 is incredibly stout and stable at practically all bar loads.
- Includes 9 back adjustment angles and 6 seat adjustment angles which makes it easy to hit various parts of your chest during bench pressing.
- There's an optional leg roller that turns the bench into a decline bench making it an FID Bench.
- There are wheels and a handle that makes the bench easily maneuverable.
- The height of the bench when flat is 18" which is pretty close to the 17" IPF Powerlifting Standard.
- Fully made in the USA of US-sourced steel.
- The frame of the bench is fully welded, making it practically bomb-proof.
- The vinyl on the benchtop is thick, long-lasting, and has a decent grip.
What needs improvement...
- The AB-3 is over $1,000 for most people when shipped which is very expensive.
- The gap between the seat and back pad is quite large.
Product Summary & Specs
The Rogue AB-3 Adjustable Bench introduces a new decline setting to go along with the 50 seat and back-rest position combinations from the popular AB-2. Ideally suited for dynamic training or for gyms serving multiple athletes, this compact, 11-gauge steel weight bench offers a rare combination of sturdiness and maneuverability, with boundless customization options.The AB-3 Bench is built in the USA, and is a direct descendent of the time-tested Nebula 1080 Utility Bench. This design features an updated spine construction that allows for the connection of a telescoping foot catch assembly. The foot catch locks firmly into place using a pop pin, and sets the user up for movements including the decline bench, decline dumbbell press, and decline sit-ups, among others.Other standard features on the AB-3 Adjustable Bench include load-bearing rubber feet for stability, cordura edges for enhanced durability, and a convenient handle and wheels for easy mobility.
|Made In USA|
2×2" and 3×3" 11-Gauge Steel
51.25" x 22.5"
1,000 + LB
9 Back, 6 Seat