REP AB-3100 Adjustable Bench V3
We test and review fitness products based on an independent, multi-point methodology. If you use our links to purchase something, we may earn a commission. Read our disclosures.
- Easy assembly
- Narrow seat
- 6 adjustable back positions
- Three-post design for no interference
Pros & Cons
What we like about the product...
- The AB-3100 Adjustable Bench V3 by Rep Fitness is a 1,000 pound rated, adjustable bench for less than $200. The combination of price and features is difficult to beat.
- The same height as competitive flat benches at 17" but with the versatility to do a lot more.
- 3 seat pad adjustments from flat to incline.
- 6 back pad adjustments from flat to 85 degrees.
- 2.5" pad thickness, while not as thick as the Rep Fitness flat bench, provides enough comfort for most lifters.
- Matte black powder coating on high quality steel make it look and feel strong and durable.
- A small, 2 inch gap between the seat and back pad and a decent 11.5 inch pad width.
- Great product reviews that focus consistently on the quality and sturdiness of the product. One reviewer, who echoes the sentiment of most of the other reviews, states, "Very sturdy bench in flat and incline position. As good or better than benches I've used in my local gym. The pad is firm and when in the incline position there is no wobble. I would definitely buy again!"
- Quick and easy assembly out of the box with a simple socket wrench.
- A 10 year frame warranty that, for the price of the equipment, is excellent.
- Rep is now offering this bench in various colors to compliment their racks which is pretty cool for such a value priced bench.
What needs improvement...
- Not an American made product. This matters to some, to most we find it does not.
- Fairly large footprint at 26" x 54" and because of the ladder system it only locks when the bench is horizontal. That means that you cannot fold the bench up and stick it out of the way easily.
- Wide, circular, steel feet with no rubber padding make it potentially damaging to the floor and more likely to slide. You can easily fix this by adding rubber feet.
- No decline option.
- The bench is quite small and may not work for many larger users.
Product Summary & Specs
The REP AB-3100 Adjustable Bench V3 has a three-post design so when you are lifting, the legs of the bench do not get in the way of your feet. With six adjustable back positions, this bench can adjust from flat to a 90-degree angle for versatility in your workout. There are three seat adjustments as well from flat to incline that keep you in place. When in the flat position, the bench also has tube support at the head of the bench for extra support.
This bench is made of easy-to-clean, non-slip material that helps hold you in position during a workout. It has a weight capacity of up to 1000 pounds with a handle and wheels for easy transportation. Its slim design and tapered seat makes it easy to fit in smaller home spaces and great for dumbbell work. The adjustment ladder is also rubber coated to decrease noise on contact and prevent damage.
The REP AB 3100 Adjustable Bench V3 is one of the most affordable adjustable benches on the market. The low price and easy assembly is backed by a 10-year warranty. This model comes in various colors.
Improvements compared to the V2:
- Easier adjustment with rubber feet on all three points of contact
- Newly designed adjustment ladder to dampen sound and make incline and to flat adjustments easier
- Easy assembly with newly designed base
- Redesigned hinge between seat and back pad for smoother adjustment
|Made In USA|
|Adjustable Back Positions|
|Adjustable Seat Positions|
|Other Product Specs|
Handle & Wheels for Transportation
30 days on pads, 10 years on frame