REP PR-5000 Power Rack V2
We test and review fitness products based on an independent, multi-point methodology. If you use our links to purchase something, we may earn a commission. Read our disclosures.
The Rep PR-5000 Power Rack V2 is our top of the line power rack system and allows for virtually limitless configurations and attachment setups. Featuring 3×3″ 11-gauge steel with oversize 1″ diameter hardware, this is the type of rack found in universities, professional athletic facilities, and commercial gyms that are serious about strength training.Manufacturer: Rep FitnessCategory: Power Racks
See our in-depth video review of Rep PR-5000 Power Rack V2.
Pros & Cons
What we like about the product...
- The Rep PR-5000 Power Rack V2 is Rep Fitness answer to the Rogue Monster and Sorinex XL Series Racks.
- Despite the racks being imported, the quality and features are on a similar level as the USA made competition.
- Due to the racks being imported, the prices are overall cheaper.
- The racks use 1" hardware throughout the rack that look incredibly beefy and allow for a variety of attachments.
- There's a seemingly endless amount of accessories and add-ons for the rack that can be purchased on-page, which is a great feature for easy checkout.
- Coming in a variety of colors, there's a look that will suit anyone's taste, including stainless steel. If you want a rack that won't corrode, get stainless.
- The arch logo stands out and adds a great look to a premium rack.
- The width of the rack is 47" outside upright to outside upright. This makes racking the bar easier and is one reason people love Sorinex and don't like Rogue's Monster series.
- There are strap safeties, flip-down safeties, and more available for the rack as well as over 5 different pull-up bar options.
- There is optional weight storage available for the back.
- The rack has an optional lat pulldown attachment that is reasonably priced as well as a future innovative belt squat option that we think will be rather popular.
- If you want to never have to upgrade a rack again, this is an awesome option at a better price than the competitors.
What needs improvement...
- Despite all of the great features and options, the rack is imported. We haven't noticed much of a drop in quality between Rep and Rogue lately, but it is something to be wary of if you want made in the USA equipment.
- Although cheaper than competitors, it's still an expensive rack for what will essentially hold the same amount of weight as racks much less. Something to consider if you're just looking for functionality.
Product Summary & Specs
The Rep PR-5000 Power Rack V2 is our top of the line power rack system and allows for virtually limitless configurations and attachment setups. Featuring 3×3″ 11-gauge steel with oversize 1″ diameter hardware, this is the type of rack found in universities, professional athletic facilities, and commercial gyms that are serious about strength training. In a home gym, it’s all you’ll ever need.
The 4-way laser-cut hole design gives you limitless possibilities in configuring your attachments to suit your space.
- Laser-cut numbering on the front and back of uprights and each side of crossmembers for ease of lining up j-cups, safeties, and other attachments.
- 1″ diameter hardware for the ultimate in peace-of-mind under heavy load.
- 2″ hole spacing throughout entire rack.
- Large logo brace with stainless steel faceplate for additional rigidity and side-to-side stability.
- Stainless steel accents on j-cups and other attachments for a high-end classic look.
- Exclusive attachments taking advantage of the 1″ diameter holes.
- All attachments include UHMW liners to protect bar knurl and/or paint on your uprights where appropriate.
- Uniquely shaped base stabilizer for removing the need to bolt down 48” depth, and also serves as an anchor point for the pulley system and low row foot plate. *REQUIRED FOR LAT/LOW ROW PULLEY SYSTEM.
- Improved lat pulldown/low-row with foot brace to help brace legs during low row. Optional leg-roller pad to keep you seated during lat pulldown.
- Dip Attachment with bolt-together design for less shipping cost on our most popular attachment.
- Band pegs – Set of 4 for adding band resistance to your barbell workouts.
- Landmine attachment for multiple uses including many core movements.
- Weight horns with new urethane coating that makes them longer-lasting and better able to protect your plates. 12″ size is great for larger iron plates and bumper plates, while 6″ is ideal for 10 lb and less iron or change plates.
- Front Foot extension for working outside the rack without bolting down. Allows you to add spotter arms off the front of the rack and have dedicated setups for benching and squatting without changing j-cup or safety height.
- 24″ Spotter arms with UHMW liners.
- Lowered J-cup option effectively allows 1″ hole spacing on the uprights by holding your bar 1″ lower than our standard or flat-sandwich j-cups. You must have a pair of standard or flat-sandwich in combination with a lowered j-cup pair to achieve this effect.
- Adjustable Monolift with detent pin for added security – $349 (ETA: Jan/Feb 2019)
- Iso Lever Arms – $399 (ETA: Jan/Feb 2020)
- Belt Squat Attachment – $279 (ETA: Jan/Feb 2020)
- 80″ upright Lat/Low Row Attachment – $349 (ETA: January 2020)
|Made In USA|
3"x3" 11-Gauge Steel
|Westside Hole Spacing|
|Laser-Cut Hole Numbers|
|Pull Up Bar|