The Nike Romaleos 4 weightlifting shoe is the latest iteration in this line. It blends the breathability of the Romaleos 3 with the sturdy outsole of the Romaleos 2. The Rom 4s feature a 20mm heel to toe drop as well as dual velcro straps.
Nike Romaleos 4
We test and review fitness products based on an independent, multi-point methodology. If you use our links to purchase something, we may earn a commission. Read our disclosures.
These shoes are really only going to benefit you if used for weightlifting movements and their variants: snatches, cleans, jerks, squats, and pulls. Buy directly from Nike and you get 60 days to try them and return if you don’t like them.Manufacturer: NikeCategories: Shoes, Weightlifting Shoes
Nike Romaleos 4 Weightlifting Shoes Review (2023): Where Stability Meets AestheticsAuthor: Cooper Mitchell
Pros & Cons
What we like ...
- Incredibly stable platform and midfoot
- Wider toe box than the previous Romaleos
- Heavy and sturdy–I feel like I’m rooted into the ground
What needs improvement ...
- The laces and straps feel a bit flimsy, but laces can be replaced, and the straps don’t need to do much work if the laces are tied.
- The different materials that are used to make the shoes more breathable also make me wonder how long they will actually last.
- The $200 price will likely limit these shoes to serious athletes.