Nike Romaleos 4
We have affiliate relationships through which we are paid a commission on sales through some of the links on our site. Read our disclosures.
These shoes are really only going to benefit you if used for weightlifting movements and their variants: snatches, cleans, jerks, squats, and pulls. Buy directly from Nike and you get 60 days to try them and return if you don’t like them.Manufacturer: NikeCategories: Shoes, Weightlifting Shoes
Pros & Cons
What we like about the product...
- Incredibly stable platform and midfoot
- Wider toe box than the previous Romaleos
- Heavy and sturdy–I feel like I’m rooted into the ground
What needs improvement...
- The laces and straps feel a bit flimsy, but laces can be replaced, and the straps don’t need to do much work if the laces are tied.
- The different materials that are used to make the shoes more breathable also make me wonder how long they will actually last.
- The $200 price will likely limit these shoes to serious athletes.
Product Summary & Specs
The Nike Romaleos 4 weightlifting shoe is the latest iteration in this line. It blends the breathability of the Romaleos 3 with the sturdy outsole of the Romaleos 2. The Rom 4s feature a 20mm heel to toe drop as well as dual velcro straps.