Kabuki Strength Duffalo Bar
We review free products that we receive and participate in affiliate programs, where we may be compensated for items purchased through links from our site. See our disclosures page for more information.
The Duffalo Performance Squat and Bench bar is the ultimate bar for squatting and bench pressing, correctly, safely, and for performance. We honestly believe that outside of competition, every lifter would benefit from using the Duffalo Bar vs.Manufacturer: Kabuki StrengthCategory: Buffalo Bars
See our in-depth video review of Kabuki Strength Duffalo Bar.
Pros & Cons
What we like about the product...
- The Duffalo Bar is a buffalo bar that's been completely re-engineered by Chris Duffin and his team at Kabuki Strength to be the best available.
- Although best for squatting, the Duffalo Bar works just as well for pressing, especially benching.
- Available in Clear Zinc, Black Oxide, and Bright Nickel. We've tested the Nickel version in-depth on the New Gen Power Bar and it's one of our favorites; although it is more pricey.
- The Bar weighs 55 LBs and feels incredibly stout.
- There are three knurl marks, one on either side of the bar for your hands to line up and one in the middle that allows you to center the bar over your spine.
- The shaft is 30MM and 195K PSI Tensile Strength which makes for an extremely stiff bar that feels great on the back.
- Due to the curve of the bar, it feels awesome on your back and is also great for those with shoulder mobility issues.
- Bronze bushing rotation system.
- There is an attachment point for a hook that will hold chains and bands, although we've heard this may get phased out eventually.
- The knurling on the bar is aggressive enough to stick to your shirt during squats, but not so aggressive that it leaves marks.
- The sleeves have a total of 17.25" of loadable area which means you'll never run out of room when loading on weight.
- The sleeves are pointed upward, which allows you to use the bar without having to worry about plates falling off if you don't use collars.
What needs improvement...
- The Duffalo Bar is expensive; few can deny that fact. We really like the bar and use it often, but it's not tremendously different from a straight Olympic bar.
- There is no warranty offered with the bar.
- Due to the curved design, the bar doesn't sit well in nearly every type of j-cup we've tried with the bar. It's annoying, but not a deal-breaker.
Product Summary & Specs
The Duffalo Performance Squat and Bench bar is the ultimate bar for squatting and bench pressing, correctly, safely, and for performance. We honestly believe that outside of competition, every lifter would benefit from using the Duffalo Bar vs. a standard barbell.
Our proprietary bends allows scapular retraction and also reduce stress on the easily irritated Bicep tendon in the shoulder. It does so while eliminating the counter productive center peak on similar bars. Reducing direct strain on the bicep tendon plus allowing increased back rigidity and proper joint centration through scapular retraction are incredibly important. Additionally our bar improves the ability to improve core stability and conversely improves lumbar stability.
Our proprietary bends optimize the wrist angle when held in the pressing positions. This positioning cues proper joint centration in the shoulder while also improving both lat and scapular engagement. Despite the increased ROM of the press users report significantly reduced (eliminated) shoulder pain while gaining increased training effect from the additional range of motion. The improvements in joint centration as well as both lat and scap engagement, grooves the correct pressing patterns, automatically ensuring the proper engrams are programmed.
|Made In USA||
|Loadable Sleeve Length||