GU Energy Labs Roctane Energy Gels
We test and review fitness products based on an independent, multi-point methodology. If you use our links to purchase something, we may earn a commission. Read our disclosures.
- Single-serving energy gel packet
- Designed for high-intensity and long-duration exercise with more electrolytes and branched chain amino acids (BCAAs)
- Available in caffeinated and caffeine-free varieties
- 3x electrolytes and BCAAs compared to other GU energy gels
- Improve heart contractility and cardiac output
- Claimed to delay fatigue
Pros & Cons
What we like ...
- 3rd-party tested for banned substance and Informed-Choice Certified
- Dairy- and gluten-free
- Very positively reviewed
What needs improvement ...
- Only available in 24-count box
- Limited (3) caffeine-free flavors
- Can’t build your own variety pack
- No subscribe-and-save option
32 g (1 packet)
|Servings per box:|
|Price per serving:|
|Calories per serving:|
|Carbohydrates per serving:|
0, 35, or 70 mg, varies by flavor
Roctane vanilla orange, roctane cold brew coffee, roctane blueberry pomegranate, roctane chocolate coconut, roctane cherry lime, roctane sea salt chocolate, roctane tutti frutti, roctane salted lime, roctane mixed box
Roctane pineapple, roctane strawberry kiwi, roctane lemonade
GGR Community Reviews
GU Energy Labs Roctane Energy Gels are designed for longer and more intense exercise than GU’s original energy gels. According to GU Energy Labs, Roctane Gels have three times more electrolytes and BCAAs than their original gel to help delay fatigue and improve muscle contractility for long-duration exercise. These gels have very positive reviews for both effectiveness and taste. They are available both with and without caffeine, but there are only three caffeine-free flavors.