ACE CPT Certification
We test and review fitness products based on an independent, multi-point methodology. If you use our links to purchase something, we may earn a commission. Read our disclosures.
- Personal trainer certification
- 6-month timeline to complete program
- CPR/AED certification required
- 90,000 ACE CPT professionals globally
What is ACE Certification? A Review of the CPT CourseAuthor: Amanda Capritto, CPT, CNC, CES, CF-L1
Pros & Cons
What we like ...
- Live, remote proctored exams available
- Straightforward program guidelines
- Ability to sign up for a free preview
- NCCA-accredited program
What needs improvement ...
- Hard copy textbook costs extra
- 2-year recertification cycle
Certified personal trainer
|Course materials included
online textbook, study guide, practice tests
Live, remote proctored exams or in-person exams
|Payment plan available
GGR Community Reviews
ACE certified personal trainers will learn the fundamentals and scope of practice for CPTs. You’ll need to be at least 18 years old, have a high school diploma, and a CPR/AED certification. From there, you can study and sit for the ACE CPT exam. The certification is NCCA-accredited and over 90,000 fitness professionals also have their ACE certification.