Concept 2 Model D Rower
Manufacturer: Concept 2
Pros & Cons
13 Reasons To Buy
- The Concept 2 Model D Rower is the best selling rowing machine in the world, and it's not because it's the cheapest. That's usually a good sign of how well-liked it is.
- Easy Assembly: Seriously, can we all say, "Thank you" to Concept 2 for this? Assembling the Model D only takes about 20-30 minutes.
- Build Quality: With aluminum front legs, steel rear legs and 96″ Length, 24″ width, Model D can accommodate users up to 6.6 feet tall and 500-pound weight.
- Seat and Handlebar: All indoor rowers have a seat and handlebar but they are not all ergonomic. Concept 2 has fine-tuned the ergonomic design of the Model D rower.
- The seat stands 14″ above the ground level and has the right curves and bends to form to your bottom for comfort during long rowing sessions.
- The rowing machine handle, with its 10-degree bend, provides a natural grip and cover that absorbs sweat.
- Air Resistance: Featuring an air-resistance system and a flywheel design that minimizes noise while maximizing a smooth row, the Concept 2 Model D noise level is similar to a fan and less noisy than many of the competitors rowing machines.
- The airflow can be adjusted with an easy to use damper, which either increases or decreases the resistance generated during rowing. This makes the Model D great for novices through top rowers.
- Performance Monitor: The non-backlit Performance Monitor 5 (PM5) sets the Concept 2 rower apart from the rest of the pack. This monitor is elaborate, yet easy to use.
- Chain System: The latest Concept 2 model D features a nickel-plated steel chain which is similar to what you would get on the Model E.
- Adjustable Footrests: The ergonomic contour pedals are easy to adjust without the need for tools. With the correct angle to reduce pressure on your joints during the workout, the Concept 2 design is sophisticated.
- Easy to Store: The Concept2 rower divides into two sections for easy storage or stands upright.
- Good Warranty: The Concept2 Model D is covered by a limited five-year warranty on the frame and two-year warranty on the computer and moving parts.
1 Reasons Not To Buy
- There are definitely cheaper rowing machines available. Those training in a home gym may opt for a cheaper option, but for most we wouldn't suggest this as budget-friendly models are prone to breaking.
Related In-Depth Product Reviews
Concept 2 Model D Rower In-Depth Review
Features an advanced PM5 Performance Monitor, improved ergonomically designed handles, adjustable foot-rests, and a flywheel designed for smooth movement with minimal noise. The Model D has a comfortable 14" (seat) height with an aluminum I-beam monorail and stainless steel track for a consistent back-and-forth slide. When done training, you can quickly break down the rower into two segments for storage or use the included caster wheels for easy transport. Rogue offers an optional space saving wall hanger.
The Concept 2 Rower provides one of the more comprehensive, full-body workouts of any fitness machine. Engineered to last a lifetime, it's low impact enough for use in physical rehabilitation centers, and intensive enough to be used by the world's fittest athletes.
The Concept 2 uses air resistance generated by the fanned flywheel. To adjust how much air enters the flywheel housing on each stroke, the Model D Rower includes a unique spiral damper adjustable from a setting of 1 to 10. This functions much like the gears on a bike, affecting how much energy will be needed to accelerate from one stroke to the next. 10 allows in the most air for more wind resistance. For most people the recommended settings is from 3-5.
The PM5 is another leap forward in what a performance monitor can do. Track distance, speed, pace, calories burned, and watts—all presented on a clear, backlit display. Connects to wireless heart rate monitors and via bluetooth to the optional ErgData app to track detailed workout data. The monitor itself can be custom positioned using the adjustable monitor arm. USB flash drive compatible and built for machine-to-machine racing.
Designed to last, the Concept 2 rowing machines offer a comprehensive fully transferable warranty. From home gyms, to Olympic training centers, to major professional sports teams, Concept 2 has been put to the test time and again.
The Concept 2 Rower includes everything you need for a quick set-up. The front legs are installed using 8 screws, and clear, concise instructions are included. Your machine will be up and ready to use within 20-30 minutes of opening the box.
- Includes PM5 Performance Monitor**
- Flywheel design for smooth feel, minimal noise
- Spiral Damper with adjustable 1-10 settings
- Ergonomic handle promotes natural arm and hand position.
- 14" (seat) moves smoothly on aluminum rail / stainless steel track
- Adjustable monitor arm and simple two-part separation for compact storage
- Flexfoot footrests adjust for quick and easy sizing
- Easy assembly with tools and illustrated instructions included
- Caster wheels for mobility
- Made in USA
- Black or Gray
- Product Weight
- 57 LB
- Seat Height
- Foot Print
- 8' x 2'
- Weight Limit
- 500 LB