Lower Body Attachments
REP Belt Squat
Manufacturer: Rep Fitness
Pros & Cons
7 Reasons To Buy
- The REP Fitness Belt Squat is the most budget-friendly belt squat currently on the market. We’ve been testing and reviewing it for the past two months and believe that despite some of its shortcomings, its a good option for those with a REP Rack.
- Thanks to all of the R&D REP has been doing on their power racks like the PR-5000 and PR-4000, the Belt Squat fits seamlessly into their system and connects to the back attached lat pulldown.
- The REP Belt Squat is designed to be a removable attachment that can be placed anywhere on the lower cross-members. We found that it was easy to adjust if your rack was properly set.
- The biggest benefit to the Rep Belt Squat we found was that due to its modular nature, it allowed for movements like pull-ups and dips to have weight easily added.
- The components on the unit are of good quality. The pulleys are aluminum, the steel is 11-gauge with black powder coat, stainless steel badges, and a decently thick cable.
- If you have a lat pulldown already attached to the back of your rack, it easily integrates to that system.
- We used the Belt Squat for things like lunges, split squats, marches, and glute bridges as well as other unique movements that aren’t typically associated with a belt squat.
4 Reasons Not To Buy
- The REP Belt Squat, although priced well, isn’t quite the experience as our favorite belt squat the Rogue Rhino Belt Squat or as good for squatting as the SquatMax-MD.
- Due to the design, the front leg lifts up which reduces the cable travel and thus makes it difficult to hit depth unless standing on weight plates or mats during a squat.
- In order to start at the top of a rep, you have to make a DIY chain, hook, and strap attachment to affix to a pull-up bar or cross-member above you. This is okay, but certainly not ideal for an off-the-shelf product.
- No belt is included with the system.
REP is taking our innovation to new heights with our patent-pending integrated belt squat attachment! The REP Belt Squat utilizes our already versatile lat and low row cable attachment that connects to your PR-4000 or PR-5000 V2. By utilizing our cable attachment, the belt squat provides consistent tension through the full range of motion. This attachment allows anyone to strength train in many ways with minimal tension on their spine. Add more volume to your squat training, mix up barbell squats, train around injuries like shoulder or back problems, or have the benefit of lower body training without compressing the spine for those of us sitting at desks all day or doing work that requires a lot of lower back stress.
This compact, easy-to-assemble unit adds no additional footprint to your existing power rack, so it won't occupy any additional space within your home, garage gym, or gym facility. Made from heavy-duty 11-gauge steel, this attachment is easily set up and locked in with thick pins in under a minute and can be quickly disassembled and placed out of the way when not in use.
The REP Belt Squat is more versatile than any other belt squat unit on the market today and comes at an unbeatable price point. It can be moved within your power rack to perform dozens of exercises such as belt squats, hip thrusts, rack pulls, pull-ups, rows, deadlifts, dips, bulgarian split squats, calf raises, and many more
- Made In USA
- Powder Coat
- Steel Thickness