Xero Shoes Forza Trainer
We test and review fitness products based on an independent, multi-point methodology. If you use our links to purchase something, we may earn a commission. Read our disclosures.
- Barefoot, minimalist shoe with focus on staying connected to feet
- Midfoot strap that wraps around heel for extra security
- Durable rubber outsole
- Molded sidewall for more lateral stability
- Moisture-wicking upper
- Optional 2 mm insert for additional cushion
- Zero heel-toe drop
Xero Shoes Forza Trainer Review 2024: A Lifter’s Barefoot Shoe?Author: Caine Wilkes, OLY, USAW-L1
Pros & Cons
What we like ...
- Heel strap keeps foot secure
- Supportive for cross-training
- Molded sidewall
- Flat sole ideal for deadlifting
- 2-year warranty
- Wide toe box
What needs improvement ...
- Won’t appeal to those used to lifting with a raised heel
- Thin shoe laces
- Short velcro strap
8.7 oz (men’s size 9)
Midfoot strap, molded sidewall, grippy tread, moisture wicking
GGR Community Reviews
The Xero Shoes Forza Trainers are a unique barefoot shoe that emphasizes staying connected with the foot. With a midfoot strap that also tightens the heel, you’ll stay very connected through dynamic movements as well as heavy lifting. These bootie-style shoes are minimal, providing limited support and a zero heel-toe drop.