Rogue Monster Utility Bench 2.0
We review free products that we receive and participate in affiliate programs, where we may be compensated for items purchased through links from our site. See our disclosures page for more information.
Manufactured in Columbus, Ohio, using 3×3” 11-gauge steel, the newly redesigned Rogue Monster Utility Bench combines the stability of an extra wide 26.5” rear base with a new single-column front foot, giving athletes more room for setting their feet during a bench press.Manufacturer: Rogue FitnessCategory: Flat Utility Benches
See our in-depth video review of Rogue Monster Utility Bench 2.0.
Pros & Cons
What we like about the product...
- The Rogue Monster Utility Bench 2.0 is an extremely beefy and stable flat bench.
- Utilizing the same steel as what's used on the Monster Series Squat Racks, Rogue has opted for 11-gauge, 3"x3" steel throughout the bench.
- There are both a Shorty and Tall version that makes the bench 17" off the ground depending on the pad you use. We opted for the Rogue Thompson Fat Pad on a Shorty Frame and its height is perfect.
- The front of the bench features a post instead of feet that allow the user to tuck their legs under them without inhibition to allow for greater leg drive during a bench press. Very popular for powerlifters.
- The back feet have rubber caps that secure the bench to the floor.
- The bench is designed to stand up on a plastic cap that allows for easy storage.
- The end of the bench has wheels that are large and allow the bench to be moved very easily.
- The front of the post features a handle that makes it easy to lift the bench.
- The entire frame is powder-coated to prevent corrosion.
What needs improvement...
- Rather than using a glossy powder coat as is seen on the rest of the Monster Series line, the Monster Utility Bench 2.0 uses a textured powder coat. This prevents it from matching many people's racks and it shows scuffs and chalk easier.
- I think Rogue missed an opportunity with the front handle. They opted for a standard round, un-knurled, powder-coated bar. I'd love to see the option to add a small Rogue Ohio Power Bar in its place.
- When standing up and using a Thompson or Competition Fat Pad, the end of the pad does touch the ground. It's also a bit wobbly due to the weight of the pad.
- The frame doesn't extend all the way to the end of the Fat Pad, but stops short. On the Shorty version, we would have liked to see it extend farther, as most people buying the Shorty will be putting a Fat Pad on it.
- There were no washers included with the bench, although they were included with the 1.0 version. We will update if this gets updated.
Product Summary & Specs
Manufactured in Columbus, Ohio, using 3×3” 11-gauge steel, the newly redesigned Rogue Monster Utility Bench combines the stability of an extra wide 26.5” rear base with a new single-column front foot, giving athletes more room for setting their feet during a bench press. Each unit ships disassembled from our warehouse to reduce shipping costs, and comes with all necessary hardware for a quick set-up, as well as rubber feet to protect your flooring.
Version 2.0 also rolls out new improvements in portability and storage, as a set of rear wheels and a built-in handle in the front foot enable athletes to quickly and easily pick up the bench and roll it in/out of a rack or out of the way entirely. When not in use, the Monster Utility Bench 2.0 can also now be stored upright for better space efficiency, with a UHMW cap at the end of the bench spine ensuring no damage to the bench pad—no matter which type of pad you’re using.
As with the original model, gym owners can customize the Monster Utility Bench 2.0 during the ordering process by selecting a preferred bench height (Standard vs. Shorty) and style of bench pad (Standard vs. Competition Fat Pad™ vs. Thompson Fat Pad™). The Shorty Bench option allows athletes to use a Fat Pad™ while still keeping the unit at a more traditional flat bench height.
With its 3×3” 11-gauge steel frame, 47.375″ x 26.25″ footprint, and 3/16” laser-cut Rogue-branded gussets, the Monster Utility Bench 2.0 is unmatched for dependable stability. A set of rubber feet further assist in both preventing movement and protecting your floor, and the unit is finished in a quality Texture Black powdercoat.
Rather than having the wide horizontal steel tube base on both ends of the bench, Version 2.0 introduces a new standalone, column-style front foot that gives up nothing in stability while offering more ample room for athletes to set their feet during a bench press. Includes a bolt-on rubber foot to match those of the wide rear base.
Customers can use the dropdown menu to choose between a standard height Monster Utility Bench (17.5” with a standard pad / 19.75” with a Fat Pad) or our “Shorty” model (15.25” with standard pad / 17.5” with Fat Pad).
Further customization is possible by selecting your preferred style of bench pad: Standard ( 47″L x 12″W x 2.5″ Thick // 11 LBS)
Competition Fat Pad (50″L x 12.5″W x 4.5″ Thick // 24.5 LBS)
Thompson Fat Pad (50″L x 14.5″W x 4.5″ Thick // 30 LBS)
Version 2.0 of the Monster Utility Bench now includes a set of wheels in the rear base and a handle incorporated into the new front foot. This enables athletes to quickly and easily pick up the bench from the front and roll it wheelbarrow-style into or out of a rack, or out of the way entirely.
Near where the user’s head goes, we’ve added a UHMW cap to the end of the bench spine. This allows the Monster Utility Bench to be stored upright with no risk of damaging the pad. This new model is strategically designed so that no matter which pad the user selects at checkout, the UHMW cap will always extend just slightly beyond the pad to make safe contact with the floor when being stored vertically.
- Made in Columbus, OH, USA
- 3×3” 11 gauge steel
- Foot Print 47.375″ x 26.25″
- Weight (w/ standard pad): 68 LBS
- NEW Single Column Front Foot
- NEW Front Handle and Rear Wheels for portability
- NEW UHMW Cap for safe upright storage
- 3/16″ Gussets feature laser-cut Rogue “R” logo
- Rubber feet for added stability
- Available in Standard or Shorty height
- Choice of Standard, Comp Fat Pad, or Thompson Fat Pad
- Finish: Texture Black Powder Coat
- Ships Disassembled, Includes all hardware for assembly
|Made In USA||