Rogue LB Competition Bumper Plates
We test and review fitness products based on an independent, multi-point methodology. If you use our links to purchase something, we may earn a commission. Read our disclosures.
Rogue Competition Plates are an IWF standard 450MM in diameter, with chrome-plated steel disc inserts and a 50.40MM collar opening for a firm, stable hold.Manufacturer: Rogue FitnessCategory: Competition Bumper Plates
Pros & Cons
What we like about the product...
- The Competition Bumper Plates are the best bumper plates Rogue sells.
- We've been told from multiple sources that these plates are made in the same factory as Eleiko's top bumpers. Likely meaning they're the same with a much lower price point.
- The Rogue Competition Bumper Plates have a Shore A Durometer measurement of 94, which provides a consistently dead blow with only a little bounce.
- The Shore A Durometer of 94 is hard enough to provide little bounce, but soft enough to protect the platform/flooring as well as the barbell.
- There is a raised lip on the plates that makes carrying and loading/unloading on the barbell easy.
- The lettering on the plates is raised and uses contrast coloring to make them easily identifiable.
- The raised edges also prevent metal to metal contact between the center discs of the plates.
- We've tested the accuracy of the plates and they're practically all dead on the stated weight. If any are +/- 15 grams of the stated weight, Rogue will replace them.
- The center hub is chrome plated that provides a good look as well as great protection from the elements.
- These plates are made to IWF specs and should soon have be IWF certified.
- The colors are vibrant and true to the standard.
What needs improvement...
- Multiple users have stated issues with the shipping. One review had this to say, "they did ship in some very minimal packaging. There are small indentions along the diameter of the plates where the staples for the packaging compressed into the plates. There's also staining around the bolts that hold the inner collar together. Guessing that's the lube or loctite that they put on the threads before tightening them down.
- For most users, the price is simply too high for personal use. There are other competition plates for cheaper, including from Rogue.
Product Summary & Specs
Rogue Competition Plates are an IWF standard 450MM in diameter, with chrome-plated steel disc inserts and a 50.40MM collar opening for a firm, stable hold. We’ve added several new features to this line-up of color-coded bumpers:
1. Minimal Bounce
Tested on a Shore A Durometer scale, the Competition Plates’ average measurement was a 94, which delivers a consistent dead blow with minimal bounce found in high end Olympic weightlifting bumpers. Less bounce means less time chasing your bar around the gym.
2. New Finish and Lettering
The plates have been given a gloss-matte-gloss textured matte finish and raised lettering for a bolder look.
3. Raised Flanges
A raised rubber surface is now included to prevent direct metal-on-metal contact between the center discs. Whether stacked on the bar or on a rack, the bumpers only come into contact with each other on the inner and outer flanges–reducing scuffing and helping to preserve the plates’ finish and lettering. A convenient lip on the edge of the plate also makes it easier to pick up from the rack or off the ground.
Rogue Competition Plates come in four vibrant colors (Red/55LB, Blue/45LB, Yellow/35LB, Green/25LB) and can be ordered in a wide variety of sets depending on your gym’s needs. See the order form on the right to choose the option best for you or contact us with a custom order request.
- Diameter: 450MM (17.72″)
- Collar Opening: 50.40MM +/- 0.1
- Insert Type: Steel Disc, Chrome Plated
- Textured Matte Finish with Raised Lettering
- Protective Rubber Flanges
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 15 grams of claimed weight
Plate Thickness Chart:
- Green – 25LB: 1.25″
- Yellow – 35LB: 1.70″
- Blue – 45LB: 2.15″
- Red – 55LB: 2.50″
25-lb-pair, 35-lb-pair, 45-lb-pair, 55-lb-pair
|Made In USA|
+/- 15 grams
50.4MM +/- 0.1MM
Chrome Plated Steel Disc
|25LB Plate Width|
|35LB Plate Width|
|45LB Plate Width|
|55LB Plate Width|
5 Year Warranty