Pros & Cons
What we like ...
- We've been using a large set of Rogue HG 2.0 Bumper Plates for close to 4 years and although they've gotten scratched, faded, and used a tremendous amount, they still function like new.
- Black rubber bumper plates are the best value for the garage gym owner, and these are the best one's Rogue offers.
- With an average Shore A Durometer score of 88, the HG 2.0 Plates have a low bounce, but are unlikely to chip like many cheaper bumper plates.
- These plates have been used at all levels of competition from Regionals to the CrossFit Games.
- The plates are very accurate with a weight tolerance of +/- 1% of the claimed weight. For black bumpers, that's extremely good.
- The 25-45 LB plates are warrantied for 3 years.
- The inner steel ring is stainless steel and is locked to the rubber using a secure method that keeps them from coming loose as quickly as what often happens with cheaper bumpers.
What needs improvement ...
- Due to the thickness of the plates, the max amount of weight you can fit on the bar is less than 500 pounds.
- A few reviews stated that the plates had a black grease that came off after use, but also smelled. This is typical of imported rubber.
- Despite being a good value plate from Rogue, there are better priced bumper plate options on the market.
Same quality plates, revamped design. Rogue HG 2.0 Bumpers feature new artwork (still black, still old school), with the consistent dead bounce, durability, and distinctive smooth finish athletes have come to expect from the HG line. These quality, budget-priced plates are the IWF standard 450mm in diameter, but are cut thinner than a lot of comparable bumpers to allow for more weight to be loaded on the bar. HG 2.0’s also score an average of 88 on the Shore A Durometer scale, giving them a dead blow on par with a lot of the pricier comp plates in the industry.
Battle-tested at the CrossFit Games and Regionals, HG Bumper Plates are both a high-performance and smart economical choice for any training facility. Check out the wide range of plate sets or simple pairs available to order on the right column, or read the reviews below to see what current HG Bumper owners have to say about the product.
- Diameter: 450MM / 17.72″ (IWF Standard)
- Collar Opening: 50.40MM / 1.98″
- Stainless Steel Inserts
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 1% of claimed weight
- Minimal Bounce
- Updated artwork with Rogue logo in black on black
- Imported from China
10-lb-pair, 15-lb-pair, 25-lb-pair, 35-lb-pair, 45-lb-pair, 55-lb-pair
|Made In USA
|10LB Plate Width
|15LB Plate Width
|25LB Plate Width
|35LB Plate Width
|45LB Plate Width
|55LB Plate Width
10-15LB plates are warrantied for 90 days. 25-55LB plates are warrantied for 3 years.
We've tested and reviewed the Rogue HG 2.0 Bumper Plates and found them to be a great bumper plate for most garage gym owners. They can stand up whatever abuse you inflict, are accurate, have a low bounce, and are priced pretty good. Although we prefer competition bumper plates, these are a great price, although we would suggest comparing to the Fringe Sport Black Bumper Plates.