While it’s inspired by a unique Olympic barbell design originally developed by the Soviets, our Men’s 28MM Russian Bar is proudly designed, machined, and assembled at the Rogue Factory in Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.
The Russian Bar is distinct for its grooved sleeves and custom locking collars, making it ideally suited for multiple reps, with no need to tighten in between lifts. Starting in the 1960s, this streamlined design became the holy grail for many Oly lifters around the world, as import costs made it a legendary but rare sight outside the USSR. Even in the heart of the Cold War, many American athletes sought out the bar to emulate the elite Russian champions of the day. Articles in Ironman magazine touted it as an “outstanding piece of equipment” that “lifters are drooling for.”
Fortunately, we’re now able to build a Russian-style barbell right here in Ohio—at a higher quality than the originals, and at a far more reasonable price. Our Russian Bar is manufactured from a minimum 200,000 PSI tensile strength steel and includes 5 needle bearings per sleeve. A set of specialized locking collars (not compatible with other bars) is included standard.
- Barbell made in the USA with German Bearings
- Men’s Olympic Bearing Bar
- Based on Russian design popularized in ‘60s and used at 1980 Olympics
- Bar Weight: 20KG
- Diameter: 28MM
- Olympic Knurl Marks + Passive Center Knurl
- Grooved Sleeve Design, Friction-Welded
- Loadable Sleeve Length: 16.25″
- Finish: Stainless Steel Shaft and Chrome Sleeves
- Tensile Strength: 200,000 PSI
- Custom 2.5KG Collars Included (imported)