Hygear Gear 1
We test and review fitness products based on an independent, multi-point methodology. If you use our links to purchase something, we may earn a commission. Read our disclosures.
Get 15% off your order when you use our exclusive discount code (Promo code: GGR)
- Hygear’s Gear 1 Smart Home Gym and Trainer is a portable, easy-to-use, personalized smart home gym and resistance trainer
- Taking up minimal real estate, you simply need a place to anchor this sleek-looking, lightweight set of bands and start working out
- Gear 1 features sensors that gauge upper, lower, and core body strength output throughout your sweat session suggesting resistance levels to maximize your workout
- Gear 1 offers up to 44 pounds of resistance, which may leave some wanting for more weight
- With Hygear’s app, users have access to a library of workouts led by coaches for a great variety of workout types including yoga, mobility, strength, and cardio to stay on track towards your fitness goals
Pros & Cons
What we like about the product...
- Free shipping
- 1-year warranty
- Includes handles, cuffs, anchors, charger, and bag
- Easy to set up
- 1-month free membership to HYGEAR
- Adjustable high-quality resistance bands
What needs improvement...
- Not enough resistance for some
- Must have an anchor point to secure it
- Requires a subscription for access to workouts
Product Summary & Specs
Hygear’s Gear 1 Smart Home Gym and Trainers offers users a smart way to achieve resistance training in a lightweight, portable, and easy-to-use set of unique resistance bands. Featuring sensors that gauge your upper, lower, and core body strength, Gear 1 adjusts resistance up to 44 pounds to maximize your workout with its responsive training. A resistance max of only 44 pounds may not be enough for those who like to lift heavy, but it provides enough resistance for most users.
The Gear 1 sensors also analyze power output, range of motion, calories burned, and more so you can track progress. Workouts evolve as your strength increases providing progressive training. Connect with the Hygear app for access to a growing library of workouts led by coaches who specialize in strength training, HIIT, yoga, mobility, prenatal, agility, and more.
With minimal set up and weighing less than a typical pair of shoes, it’s easy to bring the Gear 1 training system with you on your next trip. A one-month subscription to Hygear’s fitness platform is included in purchase, but a monthly payment is required for its continued use. While you can still use the resistance bands without the subscription, they do lose some of their intended benefit.
Handles, cuffs, anchors, charger, and bag