Gungnir Dumbler Loadable Dumbbell
We test and review fitness products based on an independent, multi-point methodology. If you use our links to purchase something, we may earn a commission. Read our disclosures.
- Come with built-in collars
- Collars are the most secure we’ve seen
- Each dumbbell can hold up to 264 pounds
See our in-depth review of the Gungnir Dumbler Loadable Dumbbell below.
Pros & Cons
What we like about the product...
- Built-in collars are incredibly secure and durable
- Lifetime warranty
- Can be used with just about any weight plate
What needs improvement...
- Shorter loadable sleeve length
- Expensive, at $399
- End caps can be uncomfortable when placed on legs during dumbbell press setup
Product Summary & Specs
The Gungnir Dumbler Loadable Dumbbell helps you save money in two ways. The first is that you can use Olympic weight plates you already own to get them to your desired weight, and the second is they come with built-in collars to secure the weight. Hey, that’s European engineering for you.
The collars are the most secure we’ve ever seen, and they don’t allow the plates to budge even a little bit. Traditional collars will be tight at first, but will loosen over time and cause some slop between the plates.
Gungnir’s loadable sleeve length aren’t the longest, but depending on how thick your plates are you can go up to 264 pounds per hand, which is more than enough for most home gym owners.
264 lbs (per hand)