Fringe Sport Olympic Weightlifting bar is. Designed from the ground up to offer an unparalleled lifting experience, and engineered to do this at an amazing price.
We started with the basics- the Fringe Sport Weightlifting Bar conforms to IWF standards on weight, diameter, and knurl.
Then we geeked out.
- Steel – We chose a 216,200 PSI tensile strength steel that is super strong, yet nice and whippy.
- Knurl – We went a little deeper with our knurl than most do- delivering a bar that sticks to your hands when you need it to, but is light enough for training day in and day out.
- Center knurl – We hear you, weightlifters! The center knurl is back, but we backer off the depth to give a passive (but still there) light, center knurl.
- Finish – For launch, we are offering the Fringe Sport Weightlifting Bar in Matte Chrome- providing excellent corrosion resistance with a nearly-bare-steel feel- plus, matte chrome provides less “build up” in finish deposition- providing and awesome grip on the knurl.
- Spin – You want bearings? We got your bearings! Four bearing cartridges provide fast, long spin for days.
- Weight: 20 kilograms / ~44 pounds
- Collars: 4 Taiwanese Needle Bearings
- Weight Capacity: 2,200 pound limit
- Tensile Strength: 216,200 PSI
- Yield Strength: 206,900 PSI
- Whip: Whippy
- Best Use: Snatch, Clean, and Jerk
- Material: Matte Chrome
- Length: 86.6 inches
- Sleeve Specs:16.3 inches Length and 2″ Diameter
- Shaft Specs:28mm Diameter
- Knurl: Moderate depth knurl with single knurl marks (“rings”) to IWF specifications. Passive center knurl.
- Warranty:Lifetime Warranty against manufacturer’s defects.