An off-shoot, or complimentary bar, to the Multi-Grip Swiss Bar, the American Press Bar was designed specifically for the bench press (as opposed to the log press).
This differs from the Multi-grip Swiss Bar (or Econo-Log) because it is not specifically designed to simulate a log press. Because of this, the handles are not as long, so it does not offer the wrist stability needed when doing log presses. The variety of parallel and angled grips makes this a great bar for overhead presses, benches, triceps extensions, rowing, and just about anything you can imagine.
American Press Bar Features:
- Wide enough to fit in most racks
- Bar weighs 38 pounds
- The inside angled handles are 8″ apart on center
- The three nuetral grip handles are 17″, 24″, and 30″ apart
- 5″ of rackable space between bar collar and grip rectangle
- Fits standard racks – rackable space between 39.5″ and 50.5″
- Overall Length: 83.5″
- Sleeve Length: 15.5″