Concept 2 Model D Rower
We test and review fitness products based on an independent, multi-point methodology. If you use our links to purchase something, we may earn a commission. Read our disclosures.
- Priced around $1,000
- Uses air resistance generated by the fanned flywheel
- Advanced PM5 Performance Monitor
- Low impact full-body workout fitness machine
- Lightweight and easily portable
- Can be broken down into two pieces or hung making it easy to store
See our in-depth video review of Concept 2 Model D Rower.
Pros & Cons
What we like about the product...
- The Concept 2 Model D Rower is the best selling rowing machine in the world, and it's not because it's the cheapest. That's usually a good sign of how well-liked it is.
- Easy Assembly: Seriously, can we all say, "Thank you" to Concept 2 for this? Assembling the Model D only takes about 20-30 minutes.
- Build Quality: With aluminum front legs, steel rear legs and 96" Length, 24" width, Model D can accommodate users up to 6.6 feet tall and 500-pound weight.
- Seat and Handlebar: All indoor rowers have a seat and handlebar but they are not all ergonomic. Concept 2 has fine-tuned the ergonomic design of the Model D rower.
- The seat stands 14" above the ground level and has the right curves and bends to form to your bottom for comfort during long rowing sessions.
- The rowing machine handle, with its 10-degree bend, provides a natural grip and cover that absorbs sweat.
- Air Resistance: Featuring an air-resistance system and a flywheel design that minimizes noise while maximizing a smooth row, the Concept 2 Model D noise level is similar to a fan and less noisy than many of the competitors rowing machines.
- The airflow can be adjusted with an easy to use damper, which either increases or decreases the resistance generated during rowing. This makes the Model D great for novices through top rowers.
- Performance Monitor: The non-backlit Performance Monitor 5 (PM5) sets the Concept 2 rower apart from the rest of the pack. This monitor is elaborate, yet easy to use.
- Chain System: The latest Concept 2 model D features a nickel-plated steel chain which is similar to what you would get on the Model E.
- Adjustable Footrests: The ergonomic contour pedals are easy to adjust without the need for tools. With the correct angle to reduce pressure on your joints during the workout, the Concept 2 design is sophisticated.
- Easy to Store: The Concept2 rower divides into two sections for easy storage or stands upright.
- Good Warranty: The Concept2 Model D is covered by a limited five-year warranty on the frame and two-year warranty on the computer and moving parts.
What needs improvement...
- There are definitely cheaper rowing machines available. Those training in a home gym may opt for a cheaper option, but for most we wouldn't suggest this as budget-friendly models are prone to breaking.
Product Summary & Specs
The Concept 2 Model D Rower is perhaps the most popular rowing machine on the market, found in commercial gyms and home gyms around the world. It provides a low-impact, full-body workout and uses air resistance generated by a fanned flywheel. The Model D has an adjustable damper setting from 1 to 10 allowing you to move with ease or with more resistance and intensity.
The Model D comes with adjustable foot-rests, a 14-inch seat height with an aluminum l-beam monorail and stainless steel track for a smooth back-and-forth slide. This is a light cardio machine with wheels, which means you can move it with ease around your space. Also, for storage, the rower can be easily broken down into two segments, hung on a wall with a Rogue wall hanger, or simply tilted upright and stored vertically.
The PM5 Performance Monitor gives instant feedback on pace, watts, calories, distance, and rpms. The monitor is easily adjustable, Bluetooth-compatible, and can easily connect to a heart rate monitor or the ErgData app.
|Made In USA|
Black or Gray
8' x 2'