Rep AB-3100 Adjustable Bench V3
Manufacturer: Rep Fitness
We review free products that we receive and participate in affiliate programs, where we may be compensated for items purchased through links from our site.
See our disclosures page for more information.
Pros & Cons
11 Reasons To Buy
- The AB-3100 Adjustable Bench V3 by Rep Fitness is a 1,000 pound rated, adjustable bench for less than $200. The combination of price and features is difficult to beat.
- The same height as competitive flat benches at 17” but with the versatility to do a lot more.
- 3 seat pad adjustments from flat to incline.
- 6 back pad adjustments from flat to 85 degrees.
- 2.5” pad thickness, while not as thick as the Rep Fitness flat bench, provides enough comfort for most lifters.
- Matte black powder coating on high quality steel make it look and feel strong and durable.
- A small, 2 inch gap between the seat and back pad and a decent 11.5 inch pad width.
- Great product reviews that focus consistently on the quality and sturdiness of the product. One reviewer, who echoes the sentiment of most of the other reviews, states, “Very sturdy bench in flat and incline position. As good or better than benches I’ve used in my local gym. The pad is firm and when in the incline position there is no wobble. I would definitely buy again!”
- Quick and easy assembly out of the box with a simple socket wrench.
- A 10 year frame warranty that, for the price of the equipment, is excellent.
- Rep is now offering this bench in various colors to compliment their racks which is pretty cool for such a value priced bench.
5 Reasons Not To Buy
- Not an American made product. This matters to some, to most we find it does not.
- Fairly large footprint at 26” x 54” and because of the ladder system it only locks when the bench is horizontal. That means that you cannot fold the bench up and stick it out of the way easily.
- Wide, circular, steel feet with no rubber padding make it potentially damaging to the floor and more likely to slide. You can easily fix this by adding rubber feet.
- No decline option.
- The bench is quite small and may not work for many larger users.
Rep AB-3100 Adjustable Bench - V3
The new and improved Rep AB-3100 Adjustable Bench is designed to combine the usefulness and safety of a 1,000 pound rated bench, with the most affordable price possible. This heavy-duty FI adjustable bench also has a tube support in the flat position for even more peace of mind as the weights get heavy. The AB-3100 uses the same padding materials as our popular AB-3000 FID bench, so you can rest assured that the pad will be comfortable yet firm enough to support heavy weight, while the vinyl cover is durable, slip-resistant, and easy to keep clean.
- 50"(total pad length) x 11.75"(pad) x 17.5"(top of pad in flat position) (LxWxH)
- Variable thickness frame from 14 to 4 gauge steel, 1,000 lb weight capacity
- Handle and wheels for easy transport
- 6 back pad adjustments, from flat to 85 degree incline
- 3 seat pad adjustments, from flat to incline. A seat pad with the ability to incline keeps you locked in place when the back pad is inclined.
- Minimal pad gap (approx 2")
- Matte black powder coating
- Pad and hardware individually boxed to prevent shipping damage
- Simple 20 minute assembly with a socket wrench (not provided)
Improvements from V2:
- Rubber feet on all 3 contact points for easier adjustment.
- Re-designed adjustment ladder for easier adjustment and rubber coated contact for less noise.
- Improved rear base design for easier assembly.
- Improved hinge design at seat and back pad.
- Made In USA
- Product Weight
- 77 LB
- Foot Print
- Pad Width
- Weight Capacity
- 1,000 LB
- Adjustable Back Positions
- Adjustable Seat Positions
- Other Product Specs
- Handle & Wheels for Transportation
- 30 days on pads, 10 years on frame