Belt Squat Machines
Rogue Monster Rhino Belt Squat
Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
Pros & Cons
11 Reasons To Buy
- The Rogue Rhino is the most versatile belt squat we’ve tested. The only belt squat that may be more versatile is the Westside ATP, however, it takes up twice as much space and costs over twice as much.
- The size of the Rhino lends itself to working in just about any space from a garage gym to a commercial gym.
- There are three versions available and thanks to it’s drop-in nature, it can perform extremely well in a Monster Series Power Rack.
- The same 3”x3” 11-gauge steel is used as the frame for the Rhino.
- The price makes it one of the most budget-friendly versatile belt squats on the market.
- The Rhino is one of the best engineered products we’ve tested from Rogue. There are an insane amount of custom parts.
- The platform size is small enough to fit in most places, but large enough to be very useful. We were even able to stack rubber tiles on top and use it for step ups.
- The platform is made of diamond plate that is then sprayed with a textured powder coat that allows your shoes to grip the floor well.
- Eventually, we foresee the Rhino having multiple attachments like a lat pulldown.
- The weight trolley is very smooth and because it’s not uncoated metal like most systems have with guide rods, it doesn’t need any lubing or maintenance.
- The new belt squat belt that comes standard with the unit is great, although we still prefer the Spud INC Belt Squat Belt.
3 Reasons Not To Buy
- The assembly for the Rhino is pretty intensive. Here’s what one user had to say, “The instructions are utterly pathetic but once you get it put together after the 5th attempt, the machine is awesome.
- The Rhino can be a bit difficult for taller people to use. One user had this to say, “Our tall members need an additional height setting ( 1’ higher ) on the middle horn position. Also, we added more quick links to the belt to make it easier to hookup.”
- Although squatting on the Rhino is nice, the SquatMax-MD is much better in that regard. However, the Rhino blows it away when versatility is taken into consideration.
Related In-Depth Product Reviews
Rogue Rhino Belt Squat In-Depth Review
The freestanding version of the Rogue Monster Rhino Belt Squat (patent pending) requires no separate rack/rig for set-up, as the system includes a pair of 53.925” steel legs for mounting and two angled 3x3” front feet for platform stability. This compact unit can be set up in garage gyms, low-ceiling home gyms, or full-scale facilities, offering athletes the ability to get many of the lower body training benefits of squats and other workouts without putting unnecessary stress on the shoulders or lower back. See Also: The Rack-Mounted Drop-In Rhino and Rhino + RM-3 Rack package
Manufactured in Columbus, Ohio, the stand-alone Monster Rhino Belt Squat comes with 3x3” arms and crossmembers, a 3x6” weight trolley tower, and a 0.25" braided cable for raising/lowering the weight trolley. When not in use, the trolley is stored on a 1" thick UHMW plastic hook, or “Rhino Horn.” A diamond-tread plate platform provides steady footing, adjustable handles offer overhand and neutral grip options, and a Spud Inc Belt Squat Belt (exclusive to Rogue) accommodates most heights and waist sizes. The entire unit (aside from the platform, handles and weight posts) is finished in our Medium Gloss Black powdercoat.
Our innovative weight trolley design (patent pending) features two stainless steel, horizontal weight posts with 15.75" of loading capacity on each side. A set of (4) machined Acetal rollers, each containing (2) bearings, ensure the trolley moves smoothly up and down the rail. Laser-cut Rogue branding is featured on each side, and the tower includes a Rhino sticker on each side, as well.
The platform of the Monster Rhino Belt Squat is made from 0.125" thick diamond tread plate and is finished in our Signature Texture Black powdercoat to provide advanced durability and a non-slip surface. The tread plate sits on top of a 1" x 3" steel frame and attaches to 3x3" front feet for additional stability and rigidity. The platform dimensions are 26" deep x 48.5" wide. When the unit is installed, the top of the platform sits 7" above the ground.
This is a 1" thick UHMW plastic horn, sandwiched between steel plates, that holds the trolley when not in use. The Rhino Horn is adjustable up and down so that the "racked" or resting height of the trolley can be accommodated to specific users heights.
Each Rhino unit includes a custom designed Spud Inc Squat Belt that is only available through Rogue Fitness. This belt features 3 heavy duty triangle D rings on each end, so it will accommodate a variety of user waist sizes and heights. A black carabiner is included for connecting the belt to the cable that comes up through the platform.
- Made in the USA
- Patent Pending
- Freestanding Version (does not require existing rack/rig)
- Ships Freight, Some Assembly Required
- Height of Tower (from floor): 78.5"
- Height of Platform (from floor) 7”
- Footprint: 53" x 60.5"
- (2) Weight Posts with 15.75” loading capacity on each
- Unloaded Trolley Weight: 27.5LB (+/- 1LB)
- 3x3” Arms and Crossmembers
- (2) Welded-On Band Pegs for resistance work
- Made In USA
- Product Weight
- 530 LB
- Foot Print
- 53" x 60.5"