We test and review fitness products based on an independent, multi-point methodology. If you use our links to purchase something, we may earn a commission. Read our disclosures.
Peloton Tread Review (2023): One Tester’s Journey to 1,564 WorkoutsAuthor: Caroline Lubinsky, CF-L1
Pros & Cons
What we like ...
- Interactive, responsive HD touchscreen display
- Access to thousands of workouts via Peloton
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Front speakers and rear woofers for great sound
- Big range of speed and incline
- Carbon steel frame
- Intuitive controls
- Red line centered on running deck ensures good running mechanics
- Sleek design
- Improved safety features: Tread lock, emergency stop button, stop-sensor technology in belt and a safety key
What needs improvement ...
- Disappointing warranty
- No decline
- No pre-programmed workout so need to purchase membership to Peloton
- Smaller console
- Minimal cushioning
- No cooling fans (not a deal breaker but it would be nice)
- Smaller running deck compared to similarly priced treadmills
68” x 33” x 62”
|Max weight capacity|
0-12.5 mph with 0.1 mile increments
59” x 20”
Interactive 23.8” HD display, intuitive speed and incline buttons, front-facing speaking, rear-facing woofer, USB port, screen adjustment of 0-50 degree vertical tilt
0-12.5 % with 0.5% increments
1-year covering the HD Touchscreen, tread, components and labor, 5 years frame, drive motor and walking belt
GGR Community Reviews
After several recalls back in 2021, Peloton recently released this new treadmill, the Peloton Tread, with improved safety measures. Perhaps best known for its wide range of live and on-demand classes, the Peloton Tread is a fantastic way to train indoors and stay motivated. The easy-to-use, interactive touchscreen provides access to a library of workouts and leaderboards that truly brings training to a new level.Powered by a 3.0 horsepower motor, the Tread reaches speeds up to 12.5 mph and inclines up to 12.5%; impressive numbers by any standard. Constructed from carbon steel, the Tread has a sleek, compact design that is as sturdy as it is attractive. While the price tag is steep, it could be a worthwhile investment for your home gym if it fits your budget.