We test and review fitness products based on an independent, multi-point methodology. If you use our links to purchase something, we may earn a commission. Read our disclosures.
Finally, a heavy-duty exercise bike designed directly from the feedback of athletes and coaches. The Assault AirBike reinvents and retools nearly every component of the traditional fan bike, from the frame construction to the crank, pedals, monitor and more.Manufacturer: Assault FitnessCategory: Air Bikes
See our in-depth video review of Assault AirBike.
Pros & Cons
What we like about the product...
- The Assault AirBike has pretty much become the standard air bike among those that train for CrossFit.
- Used throughout the CrossFit Games in just about ever step, the Assault Bike is proven.
- The monitor is extremely-well liked and displays a variety of metrics in an easy to read and use way.
- Pretty much every part of the Assault Bike is metal which leads to high rigidity and a very durable product.
- Featuring a matte black paint job throughout makes it look very different from the older Airdynes.
- The seat is comfortable and durable.
- The handles feature rubber grips that have proven to last.
- The price is on the lower end for air bikes of any substantial quality.
- Uses a chain-drive instead of belt which is bad for durability, but closer to what people are used to. It's also easier (not necessarily a good thing.)
What needs improvement...
- The Assault Bike still utilizes the older chain-driven system. Some like the way it feels, but chain drives require much more maintenance than belt drives.
- This bike rocks much more than say the Rogue Echo Bike due to it being lighter.
- Many reviewers have commented that the bike does come apart after a bit of use. One user wrote, "I've worked in two gyms that had several of these and though they don't break, the screws come loose very often and need to be tightened down regularly."
Product Summary & Specs
Finally, a heavy-duty exercise bike designed directly from the feedback of athletes and coaches. The Assault AirBike reinvents and retools nearly every component of the traditional fan bike, from the frame construction to the crank, pedals, monitor and more. The series is designed and tested in the USA by the experienced team at LifeCORE Fitness in Carlsbad, California.
Using air resistance, the Assault AirBike scales automatically to how hard you want to work. The harder you pedal, the greater the resistance. It’s simple physics with big benefits.
The great thing about the Assault AirBike is that it can work for a beginner, a rehabbing athlete, or a seasoned pro training at the highest levels of competition—no matter their sport, body type, or ambition. While fanbikes have existed for nearly half a century, modern advances in their design and function have made them increasingly in-demand among military personnel, pro and college sports teams, competitive cyclists and sprinters, and high performance athletes from the cross-training ranks. The key: you set your own pace. The resistance adapts to your own output, and the bike’s multiple, custom seat adjustments make for a more comfortable, customized ride.
In the age of smartphones and tablets, an old-fashioned, clunky fitness bike monitor simply doesn’t cut it. The Assault AirBike’s state-of-the-art LCD display console is still easy to navigate at the push of a button, but your customization options—from on-board programs to instant, multi-faceted monitor feedback—is almost limitless. Athletes can simultaneously track their heart rate, speed, RPM, time, calories burned, and more. Even watts can be monitored with precision accuracy, thanks to the AirBike’s 20-horsepower electric motor and carefully calibrated torque measurement meter. You won’t just feel the effects of a good workout, you’ll be able to see the science behind it in real time.
LifeCORE threw out many of the old stationary bike manufacturing methods and focused on a powerful new 21st century bike that could handle daily abuse at the best gyms in the world. Each bike is equipped with a thick-gauge chro-moly steel frame, with at least 1-2 sealed cartridge bearings in EVERY single pivot—from the flywheels and pedals to the bottom bracket and linkage arms. There are over 20 bearings in all, unmatched by most fitness bikes in the industry. The goal isn’t just reliability—it’s zero wobble and zero maintenance required over thousands of hours of use.
- LCD screen outputs: Watts – RPM — Calories – Heart Rate — Distance – Time – Odometer – Interval Training (Tabata and custom)
- Heavy Duty Steel Frame eliminates side-to-side movement
- 25″ diameter steel fan
- Hybrid seat with multi-adjustment options
- Industrial powder coating for durability
- Reinforced pedals and crank
- 20 sealed cartridge bearings, utilized in every pivot
|Made In USA|