We test and review fitness products based on an independent, multi-point methodology. If you use our links to purchase something, we may earn a commission. Read our disclosures.
Instructions for this VO2max Calculator
What you need: A walking location, stopwatch
- Stretch and warm up before test.
- Walk one mile as quickly as you can (Do not run).
- Record the exact time it took you to complete the mile with your stopwatch.
- Immediately after, take your pulse for 10 seconds and record your pulse count.
- Cool down for a few minutes.
- Now, you are ready to enter your stats in the calculator below to find your estimated VO2 max.
What Is A Good VO2 Max?
This may come as a surprise, but there’s no defined “good” or “bad” VO2 max value, Dr. Peña-Hernández says.
That range is pretty large, according to Dr. Peña-Hernández: 25 to 85 mL/kg/min.
There are averages to help you see where you compare to others, but factors such as gender, age, and activity level can impact your VO2 max levels.
There’s one fitness metric that’s simple to use and can tell you a lot about your workouts: RPE. But what is RPE, exactly? Read more
The Rogue SML-2 Squat Stand is one of the best squat stands available. It's stout, has many accessories available, and is priced really well. We highly recommend the SML-2 for anyone that wants a squat stand that doesn't take up a ton of space. Read more
Find all of the original CrossFit girl WODs, plus the “new girls” and the “newest girls” here. Read more
We have tested dozens of machines to narrow down the best commercial exercise bikes on the market. Read more