Rogue SML-2 Squat Stand
Write A Review
Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
Pros & Cons
9 Reasons To Buy
- The SML-2 is one of Rogue’s best selling squat racks of all time.
- The steel used on the uprights is 3”x3” 11-guage that is capable of handling just about any weight. It’s rated for 1,000 LB, but we’re sure it could hold more.
- Every hole and logo is laser-cut, which is vastly superior to the punch that some companies use.
- The SML-2 comes in a wide variety of colors known as the SML-2C.
- Due to the standard dimensions of the uprights, the SML-2 can accept any Monster Lite accessory that Rogue makes, which is an extensive list.
- A fat/skinny pull-up bar comes standard with the rack that is coated in textured black powder-coat.
- The base of the frame is deep enough that kipping pullups can be done on the rack if weighted down with sandbags or plates.
- The SML-2 comes with a lifetime warranty and is made in the USA of US-sourced steel.
- There’s no requirement to bold down the rack to the floor to use, meaning it can go in any garage or room in your home without major modifications.
3 Reasons Not To Buy
- The rack does rock with kipping pull-ups and toes to bar if not weighted down.
- The SML-2 doesn’t come with spotter arms standard, which we’d suggest for anyone planning to bench alone. Seriously, do not bench alone without a spotter or spotter arms.
- The squat stand style that the SML-2 isn’t as versatile as a power rack.
Related In-Depth Product Reviews
January 17, 2019
Rogue SML-2 Squat Stand Review
Write A Review
The SML-2 Monster Lite Squat Stand delivers much of the strength and versatility of a power rack in an efficient, compact frame. Featuring 3x3” 11-gauge steel uprights, an adjustable fat/skinny pull-up bar, and 5/8” holes in the Westside spacing pattern, it’s an affordable hybrid of Rogue’s 90” S-2 and Monster SM-2 squat stands.The American-made SML-2 is equally equipped for squats, bench, pull-ups, clean pulls, floor press, and more. And with a footprint of just 49" x 48", it's a squat stand well suited to both a garage gym or a large-scale training facility.The SML-2 is manufactured in Columbus, Ohio, using (2) heavy-duty 11-gauge 3x3" square laser-cut steel uprights and (3) 2x3” 11-gauge steel base tubes for optimal stability. The unit includes laser-cut 5/8" diameter holes and SAE grade 5 bolt hardware. The finish is our signature black powdercoat.While it’s called a squat stand, the 90” SML-2 can be used much like a full-scale power rack, from bench work to pull-ups, clean pulls, floor press, and more. The unit has a weight capacity of 1,000 LBS, but creates just a 49" x 48" footprint in your gym, making it a space efficient option that gives up little in functionality.Every weld and laser-cut at Rogue is inspected individually at each step of the process for integrity and appearance. Every part is again individually inspected for finish after the powder coat process. The entire package receives a final comprehensive quality assurance check before it’s shipped. Once in use, the SML-2 is guaranteed by Rogue for Life.Even without custom additions, the SML-2 comes with all of the hardware and basic accessories necessary to have a pro-caliber squat stand at your disposal. This includes all necessary 5/8” bolts and fasteners, a pair of Monster Lite J-Cups (with protective UHMW plastic inserts), and your choice of either a Fat/Skinny or Single Pull-Up Bar.
- Made In USA
- Product Weight
- 157 LB
- Steel Notes
- 3x3" 11 Gauge Steel Uprights