Rogue Abram GHD 2.0
We review free products that we receive and participate in affiliate programs, where we may be compensated for items purchased through links from our site. See our disclosures page for more information.
The Rogue Abram GHD 2.0 combines consistent performance and stability with smooth, precision adjustments and unique portability.Manufacturer: Rogue FitnessCategory: Glute Ham Developers (GHD)
Pros & Cons
What we like about the product...
- The Abram GHD 2.0 from Rogue Fitness is about as stout and stable as a glute-ham developer can be.
- It is easy to adjust from user to user and exercise to exercise thanks to the swing-arm adjustment piece. There are 10 total lock-in positions which makes it great for just about any size user.
- Extra dense foam provides comfort while doing GHR's or situps and is covered by a protective vinyl that is built to last as long as you own the machine. We've seen some rip, but Rogue typically takes care of those issues.
- The quality of the Abram 2.0 will leave it looking and feeling new even after years of use.
- A black powder coating increases the durability of the machine.
- The dense foam in the foot rollers make even the most uncomfortable part of most GHDs soft and easy to maneuver.
- Handles and wheels on the front and back of the machine make it more portable and easier to use.
- Like most other Rogue offerings, the Abram GHD is manufactured and sourced in the USA.
- It has a great resale value down the road.
What needs improvement...
- The Abram GHD 2.0 is pricier than many other GHDs on the market.
- The footprint of the machine is a little large for many home gym owners.
- Enlarging the footplate, having the ability to turn the handles, and making the rollers on the bottom larger would increase the versatility of the machine.
- A few users had issues with the vinyl coming off. One stated that, "One of my pads stared "leaking" and when I pulled it off to check I noticed the cover was coming off. I put a few staples in it then pulled off the other one to check…"
- Many users don't need to extra adjustments provided on the Abram 2.0 which adds to the price and could get away just fine with the Rogue GH-1 GHD.
Product Summary & Specs
The Rogue Abram GHD 2.0 combines consistent performance and stability with smooth, precision adjustments and unique portability. This compact machine is a comprehensive tool for midline stabilization and the strengthening of hamstrings and glutes–all in a way that’s functionally transferable to an athlete’s sport.Version 2.0 keeps the core elements of the original Abram GHD and adds design innovations from Rogue’s own heavy-duty Monster Swing-Arm GHD, including an advanced 10-slot roller assembly. The unit is manufactured in the USA from 2×3″ 11-gauge steel, with a bolt-together, triangular-base design and rubber feet for maximum sturdiness through peak power output.Along with strengthening muscles within the posterior chain, GHD training allows one of the only safe ways to actively train your spinal erectors. GHD sit-ups also result in one of the most powerful abdominal contractions of any movement in the gym. The midline stabilization gained acts like an intrinsic weight belt protecting the spine and improving sport performance.
|Made In USA||
73" x 44.5"