Rogue SML-2C Squat Stand
We test and review fitness products based on an independent, multi-point methodology. If you use our links to purchase something, we may earn a commission. Read our disclosures.
Now available in a wide spectrum of custom colors, the SML-2C Monster Lite Squat Stand delivers much of the strength and versatility of a power rack in an efficient, compact frame. Featuring 3×3″ 11-gauge steel uprights, an adjustable fat/skinny pull-up bar, and 0.Manufacturer: Rogue FitnessCategory: Squat Stands
Pros & Cons
What we like about the product...
- The SML-2 is one of Rogue's best selling squat racks of all time. The SML-2C has added colors to the original design.
- The steel used on the uprights is 3"x3" 11-guage that is capable of handling just about any weight. It's rated for 1,000 LB, but we're sure it could hold more.
- Every hole and logo is laser-cut, which is vastly superior to the punch that some companies use.
- Due to the standard dimensions of the uprights, the SML-2 can accept any Monster Lite accessory that Rogue makes, which is an extensive list.
- A fat/skinny pull-up bar comes standard with the rack that is coated in textured black powder-coat.
- The base of the frame is deep enough that kipping pullups can be done on the rack if weighted down with sandbags or plates.
- The SML-2 comes with a lifetime warranty and is made in the USA of US-sourced steel.
- There's no requirement to bold down the rack to the floor to use, meaning it can go in any garage or room in your home without major modifications.
What needs improvement...
- The rack does rock with kipping pull-ups and toes to bar if not weighted down.
- The SML-2 doesn't come with spotter arms standard, which we'd suggest for anyone planning to bench alone. Seriously, do not bench alone without a spotter or spotter arms.
- The squat stand style that the SML-2 isn't as versatile as a power rack.
Product Summary & Specs
Now available in a wide spectrum of custom colors, the SML-2C Monster Lite Squat Stand delivers much of the strength and versatility of a power rack in an efficient, compact frame. Featuring 3×3″ 11-gauge steel uprights, an adjustable fat/skinny pull-up bar, and 0.625″ holes in the Westside spacing pattern, it’s an affordable hybrid of Rogue’s S-2 and Monster SM-2 squat stands.The American-made SML-2C is equally equipped for squats, bench, pull-ups, clean pulls, floor press, and more, with a bolt-together, triangle-plate base designed for maximum stability. For these exclusive colorized racks, we’ve also introduced a new MG Satin Black finish on the base, along with black zinc hardware throughout.
|Made In USA|
3×3" 11 Gauge Steel Uprights