Part of the Rogue Infinity R-Series, our original R-3 Power Rack features 2×3″ 11 Steel Gauge uprights (90 3/8″ tall) with 5/8” holes in the Westside pattern—1″ through the bench
Rogue R-3 Power Rack
Rogue R-3 Power Rack ReviewAuthor: Cooper Mitchell
Pros & Cons
What we like ...
- The Rogue R-3 is one of the most well-liked squat racks in the world. Featuring 100+ reviews with a 4.9 star rating, there are few that can match it.
- The 2"x3" upright is compatible with a wide range of standard accessories from a myriad of companies.
- The R-3 utilizes 11-gauge steel that is strong enough for just about anything you can throw at it.
- The rack is listed as having a 1,000+ LB rating, but it can likely handle 3-4x that amount.
- The side panels of the rack are welded rather than bolted which is often considered to be stronger.
- The R-3 comes standard with a double pull-up bar that is skinny on one side and fat on the other to really tax your grip.
- The R-3 is designed to be bolted down to concrete or a wooden platform. Bolting the rack down will allow it to be secure during heavy squats or even allow kipping pull-ups if you compete in CrossFit.
- Pin Pipe Safeties allow you to bench alone without worrying about being visited by an ambulance.
- The R-3 was the first power rack to feature Westside Hole Spacing which is 1" spacing through the bench and clean pull zone that makes it easier to get the safeties dialed in.
- The R-3 is made in the USA of US-sourced steel.
- It comes in multiple heights including 90" standard or a shorty version that is 84"
What needs improvement ...
- If you don't plan to bolt the rack to the floor, then you'll want to avoid the R-3 as it's too unstable if not bolted down.
- Due to the rack being made in the USA, it's more expensive than imported competitors like the Titan Fitness T-3, although it is a superior product.
- The R-3 utilizes stickers instead of laser-cut logos like on some of it's other racks.
- There's only 24" of open space between uprights that makes some people feel claustrophobic.
|Made In USA|
2×3" 11-Gauge Steel
53" x 34"
|Westside Hole Spacing|
GGR Community Reviews
The Rogue R-3 is one of the most popular power racks in the world, and for good reason. We're big fans of the rack, so much so in fact, that Coop owns three of them (they're in his personal training gym.) If you want a power rack that doesn't take up a ton of space, has the ability to bolt to the ground, and has an endless amount of available accessories, then the Rogue R-3 is what we suggest.