Pros & Cons
What we like ...
- The Rogue RML-390F Flat Foot Monster Lite Rack is one of the only flat footed power racks that Rogue sells (which probably explains why it's so popular.)
- Although we have heard of Rogue screening their review sections, the RML-390F currently has over 140 reviews with a 5/5 star rating making it one of the most reviewed racks on Rogues site.
- As with all racks in the Monster Lite line, this one uses 3"x3" 11-guage steel and â…" holes that allow it to be compatible with the entire line of Monster Lite Attachments such as pull-up bars, lever arms, and spotter safeties.
- Due to the flat foot design, the rack doesn't have to be bolted to the ground to be used.
- Because the rack is spaced 48" deep, you shouldn't have to worry about the rack falling over due to a lot of weight on the barbell for squats or bench press.
- Pin Pipe Safeties are included with the rack, but they can be upgraded to straps (which we most often recommend to protect the knurling on your barbell.)
- The entire rack is made in the USA with US-sourced steel, including the bolts.
- Westside Hole Spacing is included through the bench area which means you can dial in your j-cups in 1" increments to get the perfect setup.
- You can't use band pegs or half spotter safety arms on the rack because it's bolted down and could topple over if not careful.
- A pull-up bar with Rogues signature textured powder coat is included, but can be upgraded if desired.
What needs improvement ...
- The RML-390F only comes in one height, 90", which may be too tall for basement home gyms or not tall enough for certain trainees.
- The rack is definitely less stable than one bolted down, but for most home gym owners, it should be fine.
The Rogue RML-390 Flat Foot Monster Lite Rack is a useful addition to any home gym. Its smaller design allows it to be fit into tighter spaces. The self-stabilizing base feature also means it doesn’t need to be bolted to the floor like a standard rack. Its square base of 48-by-49 inches allows for all around stability and still leaves 30 inches of inside depth. This is available as either a unit that stands alone, or you can convert your SML-2 or SML-3 into this.
The Rogue RML-390 Flat Foot Monster Lite Rack includes Westside Hole Spacing for more incremental adjustments in the bench area. This product is also compatible with all Monster Lite attachments such as pull-up bars, spotter, safeties, and lever arms.
This product includes a pull-up bar that can be upgraded. It also includes Monster Lite J-Cups and pipe safeties that can be upgraded to straps. The Rogue RML-390 Flat Foot Monster Lite Rack is made in the USA.
|Made In USA|
The Rogue RML-390F Flat Foot Monster Lite Rack is a great squat rack option for home gym owners that don't want to bolt their rack to the ground. In our review, we've found that the rack is pretty stable due to its weight (even more stable if weight plates are added to plate posts) and it checks all the boxes for a typical overbuilt Rogue rack. This is honestly Rogue's best option for someone who doesn't want to bolt their rack to the ground and doesn't want a 6 post rack like a Rogue RM-6. However, understand that because it's made in the USA, it is pricier than some of the competition that is imported like Titan Fitness or Rep Fitness.