Safety Squat Bars
Titan Safety Squat Olympic Bar V2
Manufacturer: Titan Fitness
Pros & Cons
10 Reasons To Buy
- The Titan SSB V2 is essentially an imported, cheaper version of the EliteFTS SS Yoke.
- The padding is a thick, single piece of carpet padding that holds up well over the long term regardless of how much weight you use.
- The vinyl covering is thick and durable.
- The camber angle of the bar is 22 degrees which is ideal in our experience.
- The Titan SSB has a max capacity of 1,500 LB, but we’re sure it could hold more. It’s stiff at just about every weight we’ve tried on the bar.
- The handles feature grips that are comfortable, although they are prone to twisting.
- The handles are removable so the bar can be used for movements like JM Presses.
- The width of the pads is great for a variety of people. We’ve used the bar with small women all the way up to big powerlifters.
- The bar uses a decorative chrome that definitely isn’t the best available, but it ends up looking much better over time versus the powder-coated versions like what Rogue and EliteFTS sell.
- The Safety Squat Bar from Titan is priced under $200 and often on sale for much less which is a great value compared to the competition.
3 Reasons Not To Buy
- The design is essentially a clone of the EliteFTS SS Yoke. The design isn’t patented, but if that bothers you, it’s probably best to go with EliteFTS.
- There is no warranty attached to the Titan SSB.
- The decorative chrome that’s used does end up having surface rust rather quickly.
September 18, 2019
Best SSB for the Money!
Coop was right, the Titan SSB V2 is one, worlds ahead of their first version (I had it and it was AWFUL! haha) I've used the EliteFTS SS Yoke Bar and the Rogue SB-1 SSB and although I didn't love the Rogue, the Elite was great, but not worth the extra cost (and shipping is outrageous) over this one. This game me hope back in Titan. Keep it up Titan!
The Titan Safety Squat Olympic Bar is the safe way to max out your squats and progress your workout to more weight.
The padded shoulder and arm pads increase your comfort level at higher weights. In addition, the bent bar lowers the weight plates to stabilize your center of gravity. Hand grips allow you to control the bar during the lift and keeps you in control. Fits 2" Olympic Plates.
- Shoulder and arm pads for a comfortable lift.
- 5" drop keeps the weight plates lower for a stabilized center of gravity and better balance.
- 6" hand grips for control when needed.
- Extra thick pad comes in one piece to prevent sliding on the bar while squatting.
- Capacity: 1500 LB
- Weight: 61 LB
- Overall length: 90.5”
- Handle Spacing: 12.75”
- Bar Diameter: 1.5”
- Loadable Sleeve Length: 16”
- Camber Drop: 5”
- Handle Angle: 22 Degrees
- Made in USA
- Bar Use
- Bar Weight
- 61 LB
- Hard Chrome
- Bar Length
- Loadable Sleeve Length
- Sleeve Coating
- Hard Chrome
- Weight Capacity
- 1,500 LB