Rep AB-5200 FI Adjustable Bench
Manufacturer: Rep Fitness
Pros & Cons
10 Reasons To Buy
- The Rep AB-5200 Adjustable Bench is, in our opinion, the best adjustable bench that Rep Fitness currently sells.
- The bench height from the floor to the top of the pad when completely flat is 17.75” which is pretty great for an incline bench with a ladder style.
- The bench is made of both 11 and 7 gauge steel through the 2”x3” frame.
- 1,000 LB capacity, although we’d guess it could handle much more.
- There are 7 adjustable back angles and 3 seat pad angles that are quick to change thanks to the ladder-style adjustment system.
- All logos are laser cut out of stainless steel, something we’ve been asking for, for years.
- The bench can be stored upright when not in use which is similar to one of our favorite benches, the Sorinex 0-90 NP3 Adjustable Bench that costs more than double what the AB-5200 does.
- The vinyl on used on the bench is Rep’s signature grippy vinyl that can be seen on the home gym favorite Rep FB-5000 Competition Flat Bench.
- There are wheels and handles on the bench that makes it easy to maneuver.
- The AB-5200 is very stable when using flat or at an angle.
2 Reasons Not To Buy
- Although this is a great value bench, it’s still more than some would want to pay for an adjustable bench. This said, if you spend much less, the quality differences will be dramatic.
- No decline option available with the bench.
Related In-Depth Product Reviews
REP Fitness AB-5200 Adjustable Bench In-Depth Review - Best Value Incline Bench?
Our beefiest adjustable bench ever made, and chock-full of design details that improve typical limitations found on other benches.
When it comes to durability and portability, this utility bench offers comfort under any load. The AB-5200 is our heaviest-duty ladder-back designed bench. Made with 11 & 7 gauge steel, this bench weighs in at 125lbs, but is still maneuverable in any space with 2” wheels and an intelligently positioned stainless steel horizontal pull handle for easy mobility.
If you’re tight on space, the AB-5200 was engineered with you in mind! It’s uniquely designed to allow vertical storage, shrinking its footprint to 2.8 square feet when stowed away. The AB-5200's features our well-reviewed and sought after grippier pad for no-slip performance while lifting any weight. Finally, we've closed the pad gap to about 1.8" (at flat) while keeping the hinge well below pad level. This ensures your tailbone doesn't rest on a high rising hinge like other competitor's benches.
REP is known for having some of the best flat and adjustable benches available in the world. The AB-5200 continues to push the envelope - an adjustable bench we are sure you'll love.
- 11-7 gauge steel throughout 2x3" steel frame with a 1,000 lb capacity.
- 7 back pad adjustments with laser cut degree markings in 0, 15, 30, 45, 60, 75, and 85 degrees.
- 3 seat pad adjustments to find the perfect angle.
- High-grip pad material with ultra-dense foam core, backed by 3/4" plywood.
- Ladder back design with cage. Nylon cover over bolts to protect paint on the ladders.
- Urethane-covered back pad handles.
- Oversize stainless-steel handle and wheels with a low lift-off point for easy maneuverability.
- Thick steel wheel guards to protect the wheels when being maneuvered, and to lessen tripping hazard.
- Space-saving design allows bench to be stored in upright position.
- Stainless logo plates.
- 17.75″ to top of pad in flat position.
- 12" back pad width.
- 1.8" pad gap in flat position.
- 125 pounds.
- Total pad length is 55", width at base is 20.5".
>>Simple 20-minute assembly with a wrench and allen key (provided). Four(4) bolts attaching the base to frame, and eight (8) bolts attaching pads to frame.
- Made In USA
- Product Weight
- 125 LB
- Steel Notes
- 11-Gauge and 7-Guage
- Foot Print
- Pad Width
- Weight Capacity
- 1,000 LB
- Adjustable Back Positions
- Adjustable Seat Positions
- Pad Gap