Rogue Ohio Bar
Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
Pros & Cons
11 Reasons To Buy
- One of the most popular barbells in the world.
- Made in the USA of US-Sourced Steel.
- The Rogue Ohio Bar is Rogue’s flagship bar that has been used everywhere from the CrossFit Games to the garage gym across the street.
- Somewhat passive knurling that grips with chalk but unlikely to rip callouses. Great for a variety of training styles like what is found in CrossFit.
- Dual knurl marks make the bar great for weightliting or powerlifting.
- The 28.5MM Diameter shaft is great for both the Olympic Lifts or squat, bench, and deadlift.
- Bronze bushings are used in the sleeves for a reliable spin.
- As with nearly all Rogue bars, the Ohio Bar comes with a lifetime warranty.
- In our experience the Ohio Bar is pretty much dead on 20KG consistently.
- Many different coatings available, including Stainless Steel, Cerakote, Black Zinc, and more.
- The Ohio Bar features 190K Tensile Strength Steel for the shaft that is capable of handling whatever weight you plan to throw at it.
2 Reasons Not To Buy
- Being a jack of all trades, the Ohio Bar is neither outstanding for powerlifting or weightlifting in comparison to more specialized bars.
- The Ohio Bar is VERY similar to the Rogue 2.0 Bar, but is quite a bit more expensive. For this reason, we recommend the Rogue 2.0 Bar over the Ohio Bar.
Related In-Depth Product Reviews
The Definitive Rogue Ohio Bar Review
Each Rogue Ohio Bar is machined and assembled in Columbus, Ohio, and includes a lifetime guarantee against bending.
The bushing sleeves on the Ohio Bar promise a reliable spin, and their snap ring design maintains optimal stability throughout any type of weightlifting regimen-- from basic high school or collegiate strength training programs to intense Crossfit workouts.
This steel is manufactured in the US and has proven to be one of the best steel variants for a multi-purpose barbell.
Each barbell shaft is ground and polished prior to machining which allows the bar to have a very smooth finish post any black oxide, zinc or chrome finish.
Every bar shaft is machined in Columbus, Ohio. A great deal of pride is built into each bar as the knurling process is an art. We spent months working on the knurl we believe to be the best for the Ohio Bar.
To test the knurl it is more a beer tasting process than exact measurement. There is a look and feel that go into testing every bar. The Ohio Bar is available with 4 different finishes. Each finish offers a different level of oxidization protection and has a direct effect on the feel of the knurl. Black Oxide is a mild oxidization protectant process. This type of steel treatment will still require some maintenance but will give the best knurl feel, more like a naked bar. Zinc is a medium oxidization protectant process. This type of steel treatment requires minimal maintenance and is used on The Rogue and Bella Bars.
The Ohio Bar is also available in Stainless Steel & an advanced ceramic-based coating called Cerakote. The Ohio Bar is assembled with bronze bushings which act as bearing surfaces between the bar sleeve and bar shaft. This is a very robust way of building a barbell. Each bar will come with an Ohio Bar card that has the initials of the Rogue team member that built the bar. This bar will have normal “whip” during Olympic weightlifting and enough stiffness to hold for heavy powerlifting. The steel in this bar is proven as an excellent choice for weightlifters.
- Bar Type
- Men's Bars
- Bar Use
- Weightlifting, Olympic Weightlifting, Powerlifting, Multipurpose
- Bar Weight
- Center Knurl
- Knurl Marks
- Shaft Coating
- Loadable Sleeve Length
- Sleeve Coating
- F Rating
- Tensile Strength
- 190,000 PSI
- Lifetime Warranty*
- Made in USA