FringeSport Wonder Bar V2 20KG Barbell
Notice: Undefined index: status in /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/garagegymreviews/customize/woocommerce-hooks.php on line 153
We review free products that we receive and participate in affiliate programs, where we may be compensated for items purchased through links from our site. See our disclosures page for more information.
The Wonder Bar reigns as the nucleus of the barbell universe here at Fringe. We set out on a noble quest to design and build the best bar suited for commercial gyms, and make it available to you at a home gym price.Manufacturer: FringeSportCategory: Multipurpose Bars
See our in-depth video review of FringeSport Wonder Bar V2 20KG Barbell.
Pros & Cons
What we like about the product...
- The FringeSport Wonder Bar V2 is our runner-up for the best olympic barbell for most people.
- At under $200 shipped to your door, the value of this bar is hard to beat.
- The knurling is somewhat passive, making it great for CrossFit-type workouts, although we wouldn't suggest it for powerlifting.
- There are dual knurl marks which make it great to find your grip for the bench press or snatch.
- The tensile strength of the shaft is 205,000 PSI which is very strong, especially for the price.
- Bearings or bushing are available for the bar, although we'd suggest bushings to most people for the price and longevity. The bushings are Bronze Oillite Bushings that are self oiling and a proven standard in the industry.
- The Wonder Bar is 28MM in diameter, which is a bit thinner than most other do-it-all type barbells, although if you primarily do the Olympic lifts, you'll prefer it.
- FringeSport has free shipping and a lifetime warranty against manufacturer's defects on the bar. They also are known for excellent customer service.
- If you tell Pete (the owner) that Coop sent you, he'll probably throw in some free goodies.
What needs improvement...
- The Wonder Bar V2 is coated in a black zinc finish which is great, but you should expect it to fade over time.
- Due to the sleeves being coated in the same black zinc, they're prone to scarring rather quickly. One user had this to say in a review, "...the only complaint that I have is that the sleeves have already shown some good cuts in the metal from dropping the bumpers."
- This bar is imported. To some that matter, however, it shouldn't affect performance.
Product Summary & Specs
The Wonder Bar reigns as the nucleus of the barbell universe here at Fringe. We set out on a noble quest to design and build the best bar suited for commercial gyms, and make it available to you at a home gym price. We completed our hero’s journey and now offering our reward to you delights us. This versatile bar will serve almost everyone well. You can set world records on this bar, and use it for most training. If you’re a seasoned athlete or an affiliate owner, consider stepping up to the Bomba Bar V2 (made in America) or even our Fringe Sport Weightlifting Barbell. Here are a couple of Wonder Bar features to be aware of:
- The 28mm shaft diameter is great for Olympic movements.
- The needle bearing cartridges provide great spin, but may require oiling in time.
- If you’re new to lifting or building a home gym and need more info to learn what type of barbell works best for you, here’s a helpful guide.
We have an informal state motto here in Texas- “come and take it.” Not only do we want you to do this with the Wonder Bar V2, but we’d like to put our own spin on it. Fringe it, or forget it.
WONDER BAR V2 SPECS:
The Wonder Bar V2 comes in a bushing version or bearing cartridges version. Except for that, the specs for both are the same.
- Bushing rotation or bearing collar
- Killer all-black Zinc finish
- Tensile strength: 205,000 PSI
- Yield strength: 160,000 PSI
- Weight capacity: 1,600 lb
- Weight: 20kilograms / ~44 pounds
- Collars: Bushing (Yellow “W”) Bronze Oil Lite Bushing Rotation or Bearing (Green “W”) 4 Needle Bearing Cartridges Per Collar
- Whip: Stiff
- Spin: Moderate (Bushing) or Fast (Bearing)
- Best Use: Garage Gym or WODing. Read below for Bushing vs. Bearing differences.
- Material: Alloy Steel, Black ZincPlated
- Length: 86 inches
- Sleeve Specs:16 inches Length and 2″ diameter
- Shaft Specs: true28mm diameter
- Knurl: Dual Knurling – Double Ring IWF + IPF Knurling (No Center Knurl)
- Smooth knurl depth- neither a cheese grater nor too soft
- Warranty: Lifetime Warranty against manufacturer’s defects.
Weightlifting, Olympic Weightlifting, Multipurpose
Smooth Knurl Depth
|Loadable Sleeve Length||
Bushing or Bearing
|Made In USA||