Flat Utility Benches
Rep FB-5000 Competition Flat Bench
Manufacturer: Rep Fitness
Pros & Cons
12 Reasons To Buy
- The FB-5000 Flat Bench by Rep Fitness comes at an incredible price for the quality offered on this product.
- With 3x3” 11 gauge steel you will not find a sturdier and better made 3 post bench.
- There is nothing in the way of your feet when you bench because the third post does not have protruding feet. Because of the quality of the bench, this feature does not make it any less sturdy than the traditional 4 post bench.
- The FB-5000 is rated to 1,000 pounds...more than any of us will ever bench.
- Meets the IPF specs for length, height, and width.
- Comes with a 4 inch thick pad on a plywood base with durable vinyl upholstery and the option to purchase an extra wide pad. The pad connects with 4 bolts and has 2 additional bolt holes for future pad options such as the Thompson Fat Pad.
- Comes with a handle and wheels for greater portability.
- One reviewer sums up what almost all of the over 250 reviews state when he says, “Heavy, stable, nice finish, good quality welds, grippy. Everything I want in a bench. Can't find one thing I don't like about it. I can't believe they don't charge more for this!”
- Compatibility with 2 other bench pads including the extra wide and the Thompson Fat Pad.
- Easily assembled in less than 20 minutes.
- Available in multiple colors and designs.
- The bench is 17” tall from the floor to the top of the pad which is the IPF standard.
2 Reasons Not To Buy
- The cost of shipping is something that must be factored in.
- The warranty is just a manufacturer’s warranty against defects for a year and there is even a re-stocking fee if you return something outside of the original packaging. That said, we haven’t heard of many issues with the bench.
Related In-Depth Product Reviews
Rep Fitness Releases FB-5000 Competition Flat Bench
The Rep Fitness Competition Flat Bench is designed to handle the heaviest weights, and has compatibility with the Rep Fitness Wide Pad or the Thompson Fat Pad (with 4-bolt mounting pattern, please check yours) for those seeking an extra-wide pad.
A heavy-duty bench for big lifts.
Why a 3-Post Flat Bench? Nothing in the way of your feet, at powerlifting competition spec height, and rated to 1,000 lbs at an incredible price.
- Dims: 17" high (top of pad), 48" long (pad), 12" wide (pad), 62 lbs. 4" thick pad. Designed to meet IPF specs of height, width, and length
- Heavy-duty 3x3" 11 gauge steel frame with even thicker connecting plates.
- Durable vinyl upholstery with 4" thick pad with plywood base. Connects with 4 bolts. 2 extra bolt holes on frame for future pad compatibility.
- 17" height from floor to top of pad. Our bench height allows athletes to use proper positioning of the feet, and arch the back to push up serious weight with proper form. Height stays the same when using the Rep Fitness Wide Pad. If swapping our pad for the Thompson pad (must be 4-bolt mount pattern), total bench height will increase 1/2 inch, and you will need to purchase (4) 3/8"(dia)x1"(length) bolts.
- 3-foot design for ease of leveling, and to ensure front support does not get in the way of foot positioning. *Please note* Front foot DOES NOT need to be perfectly flat in order to be stable while you're laying down on the bench. Similar to a tripod--lay down and let all 3 points support you, not just the front foot.
- Welded metal endcaps
- Handle and wheels for easy transport.
- Easy assembly, 15 minutes with a wrench.
- Made In USA
- Product Weight
- 62 LB
- Steel Notes
- 3x3" 11-Gauge Steel
- Foot Print
- 17" high (top of pad), 48" long (pad), 12" wide (pad)
- Pad Width
- Pad Thickness
- Other Product Specs
- Handle & Wheels for Transportation
- 30 days on pads, 10 years on frame